New here...

MAMA2TWINZ
on 12/17/08 5:02 am - COLLEGEVILLE, PA
Hi everyone....just wanted to post a little messag to the board to introduce myself...My name is Jackie, and I had RYN surgery on 9-18-08.  I went to barix clinic in Langhorne, pa....My surgery was supposed to be done laproscopically, but once it was done, I had adhesions of the intestines and was opened up on the table and completed open...So I had the best of both worlds!!  Needless to say I have never been happier with how things went and are going....I read this board several times a day and I am very thankful for the posts and info that I find here.
On another note, I am a 31 year old wife and mother to four year old twins....I hope to read and post often!
dit657
on 12/17/08 5:24 am - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome aboard! I'm a Barix baby myself - Dr Boe was my surgeon and  I had my surgery 2/18/08 - best thing I've ever done for myself. This is a fantastic website and everyone is so encouraging and supportive and knowledgeable you won't know what you've done without it!

So welcome aboard - 4 year old twins, huh? Boy, you must have your hands full!!

Congratulations on your surgery and again, welcome.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 5:54 am - Boston, MA
Welcome aboard Jackie!  My name is Lisa and I had my surgery at Barix in Langhorne as well (with Dr. Pupkova).  As Kathy said, this board is full of so many wonderfully supportive people who have a wealth of knowledge, experience and stories to share.  Hope to see you posting more often and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 7:16 am - Easton, PA
Welcome to the pa forum Jackie!!  You will meet a bunch of "Barix Babies" here...my surgeon was Dr. Pupkova.

The pa forum is a wonderful place for support and friendship.  There's always LOTS of activity and answers from everyone.  We have vets who have well over 5 years experience on this board, and they really know what the heck they are talking about...and people who are just starting out, too, along with everyone in between.

Hope to get to know you better!

Speaking of which..I'm 28 had RNY last October so just about 14 mos ago and have never regretted it for one second.  It's been one heck of a journey and still is....but worth every single moment.  Married to hubby who makes an appearance at the barix meetings when I go most times.

Speaking of which...you know about the Barix meetings?  First Saturday of each month is a brand new one....starts at noon....goes till 4 with a break in between....and then there are the 2nd Tuesday meetings at 7p geared for post ops...and the third Wednesday of each month (tonight) at 7p in the lobby for post ops.  Great support system there, too!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shan08
on 12/17/08 7:55 am - the Skook, PA
Hey there!  Welcome!

I had open RNY on 8/11/08.
I'm also a 31 yr old wife and a mother of 5 year old b/g twins (and an 8 year old daughter)!

Hope to get to know you better, Jackie.

~Shannon

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Jackie W.
on 12/17/08 10:43 am
Welcome Jackie!!  Love your name!!  I had my DS on 8-25-08, not long before you!  But I was with a different surgeon.  I'm a couple of yrs older than you and I agree......I've never been happier about how things are going either!!!!

Good luck to you!  Keep posting!  I really like this board, the people here are soo nice!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 10:49 am - Poconos, PA
Hi Jackie! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! And congrats on your recent surgery!

We're all so glad you decided to introduce yourself. This is a fantastic place to be when you need support, advice or even just friendship. I wouldn't trade these folks for anything in the world because nothing could ever compare to all the knowledge you'll gain, advice and support you'll receive, and love you'll feel from every last person here. We truly have a fantastic group here on the PA forum.

Again, congrats to you, we're glad you're here and good luck on your journey.

GD_007
on 12/17/08 11:05 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Welcome!
-GD
jovigirl
on 12/17/08 11:19 am - washington, NJ
Hi Jackie welcome to the boards.I am also a Barix baby.Dr.Pupkova on 11/5/07.And I have 10 year old boy girl twins as well as a 9 year old daughter.Best of luck on this incredible journey

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 1:38 pm
Welcome Jackie! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA