Freakin out help me!!!!!!

tanya72100
on 12/16/08 11:56 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im almost 4 months out.. 29th will be 4 months.

I can eat most foods no problem, Lately i have been spazzin out though. Ive lost alot of weight quick what if i dont lose anymore?? What if it just stops?

What if i start eating bad foods, or it gets easier to eat(which it seems like it is)

OMG is this normal?? Am i freaking out for nothing??

H
E
L
P!!

Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 12:12 am - Easton, PA
"What if I start to eat bad foods"

Don't.

I know that sounds harsh - but you are right - it does get easier to eat - and you need to take this time that you have spent, the past 4+ months, of understanding your new life.  You have a life full of energy, spirit, wholesome foods, and great company.  You have done a phenomenal job. 

You are freaking out for nothing if you start to cement your mind around this lifestyle.  Remember where you came from...where you never want to be again...and how happy you are in these past moments.

You are a phenomenal inspiration to many on this board (your new avatar is great by the way!!!) and I have no doubt will continue to do well.

The weight loss doesn't "just stop"  Granted.....as time goes on it goes MUCH slower...and as your body gets to it's personal goal (note that I said your BODY...not necessarily your MIND) it will definately slow.  But look at Nan and HG and all those other vets we have here.  More than 2+ years out and they are still kicking ass and taking names of each fat cell they banish away.  They are unstoppable and a continual inspiration for all of us, who may or may not be (or may not want to be) losing any more.

Stay close...you'll stay on track....and be telling all of this to someone else in 8 mos or so...

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 12/17/08 10:48 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I guess there are other things that are effecting the way I feel right now.

MOVING@@ is a huge step. moving with two kids for that matter. I feel like im stressing over alot of little things. which make me stress over bigger things. BLAH!!!

dit657
on 12/17/08 12:43 am - Boothwyn, PA
Are you freaking out because this journey has gone so well for you? You're one of the faster losers, which is awesome, but regardless of what you start to eat it is eventually going to slow down - you probably will stall somewhere along the way and soon - and that's just the natural course of things with this weight loss - your body has to stop on occasion and catch up with itself.

As for eating 'bad' foods - well, you know what they are and what they've done to you in the past. I'm not saying I'm perfect - trust me I'm not - but I do know what my bad foods are and I try my best to steer clear of them, focus on proteins and healthier choices and know I'll feel better and do better for it.

Always remember the tool you've chosen and how it is the only thing that has worked to get this much weight off of you this fast - and this tool will be with you all your life - its up to you to decide how to use it and not abuse it.

You're going to be fine -- sit back and take a deep breath -- and listen to your body - don't pu**** with things you know you shouldn't have, even if you can. Its not worth it in the long run.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
shoutjoy
on 12/17/08 1:31 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Deeeeeep, slooooowwwww breath!  I am not saying you have these, but many of us come into surgery with extra baggage.  We bring in behaviors that put us in bad health to begin with.  These range from food addictions, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders and the list goes on.  Some people have risk foods, foods that produce bad memories or fears. Since the initial excitement and dealings with this new life is getting better, some of these behaviors may be coming up.  I would recommend you talk to someone.  Search your background for things in your past that may be triggers like past trauma's, fears, experiences. 

Take all this for what its worth.  I know you are having doubts about things and knowledge is always a way to dissuade some of our fears.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Dennis Belk
on 12/17/08 3:14 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Tanya,

What's really going on? What's happening that's throwing these doubts into your mind? Are you pleased with where the journey has taken you? Are you concerned that it's working so well? Being able to eat 'most' foods is not necessarily a good thing. Behavior modification doesn't work the same in all of us and just because you don't dump on a food doesn't make that food acceptable. High protein, low carb, low or no sugar still applies especially at your stage. If you can tolerate most foods now, well that can take you to wrong foods sooner than later. So yes, be afraid, be very afraid, and use that fear to stay focused and on track. You took a risk to do this. You put your life on the line and it was the right decision. You've done well and you're seeing all the positive results but a big part of this life is longevity. We want you to make this work for the long haul. That's a hard thing to see or imagine. A day at a time, but for a long time. Many of us were not envisioning being around for a long time, but that picture changed. It changed because of what we chose. Choose the right things to do, choose the right foods to eat, choose to always stay in touch those that care and you'll never regret it.

"Remember Lap-Band & RNY vets that newbies are one of our needed resources, they remind us how it was and that we should never forget from where we came."

Dennis
358/345/215 ---- consultation/discharge/current
tanya72100
on 12/17/08 10:43 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
I guess that i could clarify when i said most foods!!

I cannot do or go near breads. Not happening.

My body gets this urge to dump at the smell. lol I am VERY picky about what i eat now and the things I do tend to eat are what we can have. I find that I get so full even when i do take my time. Most foods I eat are approved foods. I tend to eat alot of protein bars, shakes, and veggies. Meats are hard for me to do. Chicken has been my worst enemy now matter how its prepared.

Dennis Belk
on 12/18/08 4:32 am - Philadelphia, PA

Well now you're sounding like Everyone else at your stage Tanya. You are doing fine and you'll continue to be fine. I had my issues with chicken when I was 3 - 6 mths out, but it improved after that and now at 42 months out it's very rare that some food kicks back on me. There are plenty good things ahead for you too.
Fear not.

Dennis

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 11:34 am - Poconos, PA
Tanya my dear, take a deep breath and relax yourself. It's going to be ok.

You're 4 months out from surgery and you have a loooooong journey ahead of you. You can't or rather you shouldn't spend that time being fearful of everything that may or may not happen. You will only end up hurting yourself in the end if you do. This surgery is YOUR tool and YOU control your destiny with it.   

It's completely normal for some people to have fears of failing but the key is to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen. You must commit to your new life 110% and if you do then there will be no stopping you. Will there be times when you will eat bad foods? Maybe, maybe not. We're all human, we all make mistakes and not one of us is perfect but if it does happen, you know what you'll need to do and that's pick yourself up and get right back on track again.

You've been successful so far and you need to keep doing what you know has been working for you. If you do, there is no reason for you to believe you will fail. It's not always going to be easy and you're going to have rough days but you'll get through it because you know this is what you want and you have plenty of people here that want the same for you. Stop telling yourself all the negatives and start telling yourself how you will NOT fail because you deserve to be successful.

Big hugs for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views