can't believe it's been six weeks already!

deeg
on 12/16/08 8:11 pm - Quakertown, PA
Good morning everyone,
Today finds me going to see dr. Pupkova for my six week post. surgery appointment.  I am down almost 39 pounds!  I can't believe it!  I have been working so hard at the gym everyday, since I can't go back to wor****il the 29th of Dec.  I hope Dr. P. is proud of me and my progress.  After seeing her I will go to the gym and do about an hour on the treadmill and do my strength training routine from the trainer (not lifting more than 30 pounds of course-but it still puts me in a sweat!).  I have been getting depressed because I miss work, however.  Since my job includes lifting almost everything from patients to heavy cans,  Dr. P. won't let me go bac****il 8 weeks has passed since my surgery....UGGH!  It was nice in the beginning, but now it is getting old.  Without all of you and your posts, I think I would go insane!  I also hope to go to the support meeting at Barix tonight, since I can't go to the 1st Sat. one.  Anywho,  hope everyone has a nice day!

Dee

Laureen S.
on 12/16/08 9:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Dee,

Congrats on 39 pounds, that is terrific and sounds like you are doing it all right, so keep at it and I'm sure Dr. P will be very happy to see you and your results.  As for your job, I hear you, funny how when we are at work day in and day out, we wish for a few days away (lol), but the routine of work is actually a good thing, but seeing as you will now moving on to regular foods, look at this time as time for you to see what works for you and consider that your job for the next 12 days ;) 

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/08 10:22 pm
Dee

CONGRATS! on your six weeks you ar gonna do great today at your check up. While I know it can be boring at home you will be back to work before you know it.
I hope to see you tonight at the meeting.

DianeMarie
on 12/17/08 1:15 am - Delmont, PA
Great news Dee!

I am also 6 weeks out and see my dr for my first fill on Friday.   I went back to work 4 days after my surgery.  I never told work about my lifting limitations,  My job is very physical but I knew I would go nuts without it.

Let us know how everything goes.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Dennis Belk
on 12/17/08 3:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Dee,
Congrats on the progress!
Just keep doing what you're doing. This 8 weeks gives you time to adjust, to the food changes, the body changes and emotional changes as well. Use it and learn all you can and you'll be so ready on your return to work. Keep the fire going and the results will please you.
See ya tonight at the meeting,

Dennis
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 5:34 am - Boston, MA
Great job Dee!  You are doing terrific!!  Hope your appointment goes really well today -- I'm sure Dr. Pupkova will be very pleased :) 

Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 12:06 pm - Easton, PA
Dee,

Congratulations on your phenomenal work as well!  I was out for over 8 weeks as well.  As an ER nurse....who had a history of getting assaulted by our lovely patient population, both her and I were concerned about me going to work to early.  Plus, I wanted to be on a "regular" diet before I went back to work so I would know I how reacted to some foods.

I have no doubt Dr. P wasn't just happy with your progress and with what you've been doing - she was probably estatic!!!

On my time off last year (about this time of year, actually) I got alot of Christmas stuff done...and actually had time to play house wife like I would love to do (can I get a paycheck for being at home all day? lol  I love my job....)

And I even went into work to say hello to people.  Which sounds strange to begin with...but even stranger when you realize I work nights...so I would go in at something like 2am just to "visit with friends" 

Keep up the great work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views