Wanted to share with everyone

MikeB
on 12/17/08 12:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello everybody I just wanted to share with my new friends some great news that I reveived last week.. I was informed that the end Of January I will be testing/demoing for my 2nd degree blackbelt.  I must say that I was a little shocked becasue I had missed some cless time. BUt Mr Nackord decide that I was looking good with my movement and I the time is grade to be eligible so he is promting me.. The cool thing bout this that day there will black belt promotions from 1st degree through 8th degree. I'm really excited.. Just think 1/2 years ago I was 534lbs struggling though a karate class and made it to a green belt now I'm a month away from a 2nd degree  black belt.. 

I think the best part is I walked in to my first meeting weighing 510 lbs and Mr Nackord didn't even thin twice about it.. That was in April of 2002.  I've come a long way since that day.

Well I just thought I'd share that with everyone.

Mike
Shannon O.
on 12/17/08 12:47 am - Reading, PA
congrats... that is awesome... you should be so proud of yourself... you have worked very hard for this and I wish you all the luck in the world on getting your new belt!

MsDeniseinPA
on 12/17/08 12:49 am - PA
congrats to you!

what a great accomplishment!
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 1:37 am
Way to go, Mike!!  That is awesome news.  I am very impressed and so thrilled for you!!  I am sure Mr. Nackord, your wife and your son are all very proud of you!

Heather
Shan08
on 12/17/08 2:07 am - the Skook, PA

Congratulations to you!  You sure are an inspiration :)

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
pieparty
on 12/17/08 2:07 am - Milroy , PA
Whoo Hoo!! Good for you! That is really great it is so inspirational to read stories like yours. Keep up the good work.
GD_007
on 12/17/08 2:24 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Now I know who to invite to the next roudy guys night out.... I need you watching my back!!

:)

Congrats.

-GD
dit657
on 12/17/08 3:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
Amazing and awesome!! Congrats on obtaining your next level, and I give you all the credit and kudos in the world for walking into that karate class in the first place - that is impressive!! I wish you all the best - your journey has been amazing.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 3:22 am - Easton, PA
Mike,

That is so totally awesome!!  You certainly have come a long way - good for you!  Keep up the phenomenal work!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 5:45 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations Mike!!!  That is incredible!!!  Can't wait to hear how things go the end of January.  You are such an inspiration to so many!!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views