TMI - Female Urinary Issues - WLS related?

Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 10:35 am - Easton, PA
Nothing in my diet has changed much.....except that I have been drinking about one extra cup of decaf tea a night and I did have the one diet coke today.  I'm not sure if 3 extra glasses of tea and a diet coke over the course of a few days would effect it...but it certainly is worth something remembering.  Thanks for all that info!

I'm thinking more and more it's a volume issue - I'm not sure HOW or WHY...but it could be??  Ever since I upped the fluid intake it seems much better.  I will have to see how tomorrow goes, and start keeping details on the issues so if they do get worse or don't subside, I can go to the doctor with some clear cut facts.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/08 11:16 am - Poconos, PA
I was just going to suggest keeping a detailed log of everything for the next few days. It might help narrow things down for you. I know you already track your food for the day but what if you track everything you're eating and drinking with the actual time, track the actual time that the pain is happening as well as how often and at what time you're urinating?? I know it's a hassle but you just might actually pick up on something and see a particular pattern that's developed which like you said, would be clear cut and also good to show the doc if you do end up needing to see him about this.

Shannon O.
on 12/16/08 11:13 am - Reading, PA
I would go to your PCP and talk to him about this... when I had this happen I did have a bladder infection... but it seemed to be a strange one... because my pee was clear... no burning from hell pee when I would pee etc...

But, your weight loss could of shifted things inside as well... so you might wanna get an US etc to check on it because if you do get pregnant... later this could be good info (incase of a c-section etc...)...

But, i'm having bladder issues of a different kind... I have had 2 bladder infections in the last 2 months and before that the last one was 5 years ago... so I'm trying to figure out if I am trapping bactiera down there with all the loose skin... because I can't figure it out lol..

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 1:47 pm
Hey.....missed you at Barix tonight.  I could have used a pee buddy...anyone that was there can varify that I peed at least 10 times during the course of the meeting. 

As I thought more about this....I have had the "can't hold it" problem too.  Yes, there is the unusual frequency thing going on....but the "can't hold it " thing happens sometimes too.  Its a very weird thing....never gave it much thought before, but now I may bring it up to my doctor.  Its not the same as the jumping jack squirts (i really hate the word "squirt")...its more like an urgency that I can't control and the dams open up...but not a flood, just some...but not a little either...if that makes sense.  Let me know if you come up with a reason.  you are right...not 3 but not 93 either so WTF!

HG
Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 9:15 pm - Easton, PA
Yea...I missed you at the meeting to.  Unfortunately - my kitchen was in the middle of baking and frying and a powdered sugar wonderland....I just couldn't get done in time to go.

What you are describing is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

Funny thing...since I posted it hasn't happened not even once.  I even purposely did not drink stuff for a few hours to see if that "triggered" it...but to no avail.

Perhaps my bladder just wanted to see if I would let the "whole world" know what was going on with me??  Doesn't it know - I have almost NO shame!

I'll let you know if I figure anything out....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views