What are you thankful for today??

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 7:29 am - Poconos, PA
THANK YOU!!! I'm so glad everyone seems to like it because I'm horrible when it comes to judging myself and how I look. Hopefully one day this brain of mine will finally catch up and I'll feel better about how I look.
bubble273
on 12/17/08 5:20 am - Levittown, PA
Valerie,

WHOOOOOHOOOOO with your new avatar!!!  ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 7:38 am - Poconos, PA
Wow! You just made me blush!

Thank you so much! You guys are the best! You certainly know how to make a person feel better about themselves and sometimes we all need a little of that, that's for sure. 

Thank you again!!  
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 10:53 am - Boston, MA
Valerie, I just saw your new avatar -- it is SO nice being able to put a face with your name!  You are beautiful and that is a terrific picture!!  I really love it!!!  Hope we get to meet in person one day soon, but for now, it is really nice being able to "see" you ;)

Lisa :) 

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 11:49 am - Poconos, PA
THANK YOU SO MUCH LISA!!! You made me smile and I appreciate that.  

I tend to "hide" alot. I guess because before I lost all the weight, I always felt like I looked terrible or I ruined the whole picture of everyone. I haven't completely overcome that part of my fluffy past yet. It drives me insane but I guess it takes longer to work thru certain things sometimes.

I really wish we lived closer to eachother so we could meet! Hopefully we'll get the chance soon though. Definitely let me know the next time you plan on coming back to PA and I will do whatever I can to meet up with you somewhere, somehow.

Thank you again for the wonderful compliment. You're such a sweetie!
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 12:08 pm - Boston, MA
You are very welcome, Valerie!

And I will definitely let you know the next time I'm coming into town so we can meet up!!

Talk to you soon!!!

Lisa :) 

bubble273
on 12/17/08 5:32 am - Levittown, PA
Great post, Shilpa!!

I am thankful for many, many things.  Most of what everybody has said I am also thankful for.

But here are a few more for my list:

My son
Garry...I know this one is weird, but without him I wouldn't have Connor!!
My dad
My brother
My doggie
My now 2 jobs...love working with people...and Macy's has brought me the opportunity to come out of my shell even more.
RNY...because without it I would be sitting on the couch eating bon-bons getting fatter and fatter and probably would have weighed over 400 pounds!!!
Dr. Boe for giving me my life back...well, just giving me a life, because I don't think I ever did live life until after this surgery.
Michael's Cafe in Bensalem...LOL...I know this is weird, but I'll tell you what, I have the best time because I get to shake my new booty all over the place and I don't give a RAT's ASS who is watching.  I can be myself and dance until my heart is content!!!  I LOVE DANCING!!!!!!

There's probably a bunch more, but the one I can't forget is of course meeting all of my new family.  Never would I have imagined meeting sooooooooo many wonderful people.  Never before would I have just shown up at Linda Slavin's house for a Christmas open house by myself not knowing very many people!!!!  Never would I have gone to a bar to meet friends all by myself and actually have a great time!!!  So many things have happened because of you guys and my surgery.  And I am sooooooooooooo grateful and so thankful for each and every one of my newfound friends.  LOVE YAS!!!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 6:13 am
Karen

You just made me cry (emotional Bethy today)reading this because I am so happy for you and know how you feel with all the new adventures. I am so glad that when I walked into Linda's I got to see your smiling face and got to spend time with you. I just can't wait till we can shake the bootys on the dance floor together.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views