What are you thankful for today??

SPatel4
on 12/16/08 1:06 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to post this out there with the holidays fast approching us. I wanted to be thankful that even though I am getting laid off next week. I was able to find a new job that I start next week in this crummy economy. I am thankful for all my wonderful and supportive OH friends. I am thankful for my parents that are still with me and in pretty decent health. I am grateful that my children are healthy and love me unconditionally. Finally I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and a hot meal everyday. So what are you guys thankful for today??

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

tammypa
on 12/16/08 1:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am thankful that I had the bypass and have regained my health.
I am thankful that I have a job and my finances are okay.
I am thankful that my family is all pretty healthy.
But most of all -
I am thankful for my new family that I would have never met without this surgery.
Tammy
Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 1:43 am - Easton, PA
I am thankful for
...having a "new" job that is offering me more challenges in my career
...for a husband who supports my decisions regardless and who loves me for who I am, not what I looked (or look) like...including my sagging skin and stubborn head sometimes...
...two brothers and parents who love me as much as I love them
...a great new place to live in
...all my friends here
...splenda
....greek yogurt
...OH
...Barix
....Dr. P
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 12/16/08 2:07 am - PA
There are two things I am EXTREMELY thankful for today
WLS friends that are helping me through some tough times and loving me for me......
The fact that although very sad, my brother's death last year has allowed me to live a new life

Progress not perfection

Liz R.
on 12/16/08 2:26 am - Easton, PA
Great post! I am very thankful for....
*My family - who has been by my side or behind me pushing (whichever necessary) since the day I was born!
*My husband Chris - who although he has not always agreed with my choices has supported me in making them, allowed me to do as I wanted and stands by my side loving me irregardless day in and day out. He loved me all the way to 327 pounds and loves me now at 192 with the excess skin and funny placed "fluff"
*The fact that my hubby has decided it is time to make himself healthy and is changing his eating style to more closely match mine
* My house - we were fortunate enough this year to have purcahsed our first home and couldn't be happier or prouder!
* My kitties - they love me unconditionally and know just when I need someone to cuddle with who don't care what my motives are!
* Dr Brader and my RNY for giving me my life back!
And last but DEFINATELY not least - My OH friends / family. Without you I couldn't be where I am today! I have made such wonderful friends that experience everything that I am with me!

My Love To  You All and may you have a wonderfully Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!!

Liz
Laureen S.
on 12/16/08 3:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I am thankful to be alive 

For my good health and that of my family's and/or their ability to deal with whatever it is they are facing right now

For the job I have

The life I am living, as well as the many people who I never would have met had I not embarked this amazing journey of WLS

The ability to find something to be grateful for each and every day, because being grateful keeps me from complaining too much ;) and smiling bigger and more often. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

HopefulFuture
on 12/16/08 4:49 am - Boston, MA
Very nice post, Shilpa. 

I am thankful for many things and I will just list a few:

--This incredible journey and the new life I am living
--Dr. Pupkova and Barix
--All of you, my very special PA OH family/friends
--My therapist
--My family
--My wonderful boyfriend Adam who I am moving in with next month
--Adam's two amazing dogs, Logan and Lara
--To be alive!

Lisa :) 

SPatel4
on 12/16/08 4:55 am - Levittown, PA
Lisa,
Whoohoo!! Moving in with Adam that is HUGH!! Good Luck and congratulations! I am also thankful that I have my OH family and friends behind me and are always willing to listen and support me thru the good and bad times.  Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

HopefulFuture
on 12/16/08 5:14 am - Boston, MA
Thank you so much Shilpa!!!  It is very exciting :)  Hope you have a very happy holiday season too and a wonderful, happy New Year!!!

Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 6:52 am - Easton, PA
I agree - WHOO HOO for you two!!  So glad things are going so well!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views