***White Wednesday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 12/16/08 5:04 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am relieved to be able to say that my daughter called me when she was safely in her father's car last night.  I am exhausted from my exceptionally long day.  I am up only because I had to visit the ladies room, and thought I would start the roll.

Wednesday has me doing Parent Conferences till 3:15.  I then my run to a doctor's appoiontment.  Then, home to a welcome home pizza party for the Munchkin and her mommy.

I hope everyone is safe and warm and not snowed in.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 5:35 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish and Pa!

Glad to hear they made it safe and sound - I was thinking about them last night as the snow started falling!

Today I am running a few very brief errands.  Then it will be home to continue baking.  I had a little trouble yesterday with some of the cookies but I worked it out in the end.  Yesterday I made a batch of LIz's truffles which are AWESOME by the way and a double batch of sugar cookies (non WLS friendly I might add)  Today I want to bake Chocolate Chip, "Russian Tea", and Cruisicki (which is an old Lithuanian Recipie from my grandmother, I am surprising my family with these on Saturday as since she has gotten a bit older they haven't been made almost at all due to the time constraints and work invovled.  I made them last year and everyone was thrilled)  These also are not WLS friendly, but that's OK.

I was initially really really really hoping to make it to the Barix meeting as it has been since October since I have seen everyone...but I'm not sure if that will happen.  It depends on how much of the baking I get done.  It's 4:30 now...I crashed around 9p last night...I was gonna just get up to use the potty - but I'm pretty wide awake now.  I may take advantage of that and make some cookies now and start my day to get ahead.  It's my second night off tonight.

We had gotten about 2 inches on the grass and about an inch on the roads of snow last night...but it appears the stuff on the roads have already melted away and even the stuff on the grass is dwindling...so I don't think it will be a problem.

Enjoy your day, stay safe and warm all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 12/16/08 7:52 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Pam,
I grew up on cruscicki (sp?).  My mom is 100% Polish, so we always had it.  It was not homemade, but as a kid, I was no conneusier.  I guess you also ate things like stuffed cabbage, and kielbasi.  I finally learned to make the stuffed cabbages when my daughter got married.  Now, my family expects it from me. 

I am exhausted this morning, but glad the kid and Munchkin are home at her father's house.

Have a great day.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 8:11 pm - Easton, PA
My mom's parents - My mom's mom (nanny) is Polish and my moms father (pop pop) is Lithuanian....so that was what they ate.  Yep - the golumpki (sp?) (stuffed cabbage) was a staple in my "nanny's" house too.  I don't particularly like the cabbage part...but I do like the filling and sauce.  I haven't had it post op as prissy pouch doesn't do well with rice and that is part of the filling.  My mom LOVES cabbage...so I would eat the inside and give her my cabbage wraps.  The kielbasi was always there, too, and nanny makes home made sauerkraut which is awesome (go figure...I like that cabbage....) with the kielbasi

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
shoutjoy
on 12/16/08 7:38 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hello

Today I have another meeting with my VR counceler.  Her boss showed up yesterday and I have to say we got more accomplished during that meeting than any of the previous ones.  I have a meeting with her today too.

With hubby home now due to lay off, I find it difficult to get things done.  My whole routine is out of wack.  So I don't know what I am dong any more!

Anyway, the baking thing.  I have not been much of a cook or baker.  Although I do enjoy baking better.  This is a hard time of the year for me this year with all the festivities and sharing of goodies.  We got a Wisconsin cheese box from my hubby's dad yesterday and Richard made some little cracker and cheese and meat treats.  I had a couple of those and suffered all night!  He shouldn't be eating them either.  Maybe we should give away the rest.

Paula

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Liz R.
on 12/16/08 7:53 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Everyone!

Trish - Glad to hear that the girls arrived safely. I too was thinking about them when it was snowing last night. 

The roads weren't bad at all on my way in this morning suprisingly - they were just wet.

I am at work today and having a meeting with my boss about a co-worker, not looking forward to that! Then after work i am going to Target to pick up the last few Christmas gifts, and home to make dinner and maybe wrap a few presents. I woke up with a killer headache this morning so getting rid of that is my #1 priority of the day.

Happy Baking Pam!

Make it a great Wednesday

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 8:11 pm - Easton, PA
5 1/2 dozen chocolate chip are done already....how cool!

Pam
Liz R.
on 12/16/08 8:12 pm - Easton, PA
You go girl! I'll be in baking mode saturday!
dit657
on 12/16/08 10:12 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - was MIA for a bit - got hit with a nasty stomach viris Monday after I ate lunch. Knew it wasn't what I ate because the pain was low and the nauseau was becoming unbearable, so I called hubby and told him we had to head home. He drove, I slept - trying to keep the nauseau at bay. Went in and crawled right into bed - the pain finally subsided after a couple of hours but then I got a horrific headache and fever. Took 2 Tylenol PM, slept and woke up soaked - fever broke. Slept right thru the night.

Stayed home yesterday - was wiped out and really couldn't tolerate much in my stomach so I took it very easy, slept a lot on and off. Glad that's over!!

Today I'm at work - we're having our work lunch and yankee gift exchange today so that should be fun. Still taking it easy on what I'm eating but am finally getting an appetite back.

All you girls and your talk of baking - now I want to bake!! I think I'll make my sf apple pie for Saturday night since we're having company, and I might make those sf sugar cookies Liz posted the recipe for - they look great. My sister is coming up the 22nd and I know she's bringing cookies for the family, but I also know none are going to be WLS friendly, so I should have some on hand for me to nibble on if the urge hits. Plus they'll be better for my husband - and hers - I understand her husband has been diagnosed with diabetes but he's a very private person and doesn't want anyone to know. Whatever...

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day and safe travels....

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 12/16/08 11:56 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am at home today. I am suffering from some pretty major itching. I was up late last night in tears because I thought I was going to go crazy from it. Jason drove out to CVS in the ice last night to get me some benadryl. I felt so guilty but it was so bad. At least the Benadryl helped me sleep. Today I am going to try and get some more stuff done online. And ignore the itching
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views