Checking In

DianeMarie
on 12/16/08 1:19 am - Delmont, PA
Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted.  It's been crazy here.  Work is nuts!  Gotta love retail in the holiday season.  I had an extra teenager for awhile.  The mother of my son's best friend was sick and put into the hospital and I helped take care of him.  There was no family locally and I kept him so he could continue to go to school.

I've been waiting for my first fill on Friday.  I can eat way more than I should.  I havent gained any weight but I haven't lost any either.   Sometimes there is restriction for certain food but most times I dont feel any restriction at all.   Meat tends to make me throw up.  Not much else does.

I'm hoping that they are able to find my port easily and they give me enough of a fill to get me back on the weight loss band wagon.

I've been very frustrated but people keep telling me I look like I'm melting away.   My pants size are shrinking.  I'm in a 16 now and the next size down to purchase is no longer a plus size.   I find that I still tend to purchase clothes that are too big for me.

I've missed you all and will have to make sure I post on a regular basis.   How are all my favorite people doing?

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 1:47 am - Easton, PA
Hey Diane,

We are all here....some more than others....a lot of holiday chatter....things of that nature.

Don't worry to much about your capacity right now...that's part of the program with the band...is adjustments and readjustments and fills and decreases and all that stuff....you will get to where you want to be, it will take time.  It does even for us RNY-ers, too!!  And then all of the sudden you will look back and go "OMG...I lost HOW much in HOW little time??"

That is so great you were able to help out your son's friend....and I'm sure his mother appreciated it as well.  I hope she is doing better.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/16/08 1:52 am - Delmont, PA
Hi Pam!

Great to hear from you.   I've missed you.  You always know the right thing to say to make me feel better.

His mother is doing better.  It was a very scarey situation.  At first we were told she suffered a stroke.  Ended up that she had stopped taking her medication.  She was given something that sedated her and she felt so lousey she stopped taking everything and crashed.   Once they got her regulated again they sent her home.  Her son and my kids now know what to watch for to make sure this doesnt happen again.

How is the new job?

Diane

Pam Hart
on 12/16/08 1:55 am - Easton, PA
Overwhelming at best most of the time....however....I am now getting to the point where I can walk in and name at least one other nurse in the room, which is nice.  And people are starting to call ME by name too....which is cool.

I am getting better at the things I needed to...still have a lot to learn as far as what I am "allowed" to do and "not allowed" to do as protocols are different in each hospital and each state....there were things we did on a daily basis in my "little" er that these people would never ever DREAM of doing...and vica versa.  All in all, I really do like it a lot...I just want to be more comfortable...but as hubby will tell you - I am my own worst critic!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/16/08 2:03 am - Delmont, PA
It's normal to second guess ourselves.   I am a manger of my own department at work.  When I got the job I had never even worked in that department before.   I learned the job fast and am doing a good job at it.   There are a few managers above me that love to micro-manage me and second guess me and it drives me nuts.   I have to keep telling myself that I would never have gotten the job if I wasnt smart enough to do it.  My own manager never questions me and always tells me I'm doing a great job.  It's just the other insecure managers that bother me.   I have to remind myself that it's their insecurities that make them how they are.

I know you are a great nurse.  It shows in each and everyone of your posts.

Diane
Smileycons!

Liz R.
on 12/16/08 2:14 am - Easton, PA
Diane - glad to see you posting! I was just thinking about you this morning. That was so nice of you to take in your son's friend. Glad that his MOm is doing better too. Unfortunately people don't always realize (my father in law being one of them) that the Dr's put you on meds to KEEP you healthy - not just to write the script!

Good luck with the fill on friday, I hope that gets you right back into the swing of the weight loss groove!

You sound like you are doing a great job with the mangers position, and the higher ups are just aftraid for THEIR jobs because you will be pushing your way to the top!

Pam, I am sure that you are also doing a fantastic job! Chris knows that if he has to take me to the ER it is off to LVH to see Pam we go!

Liz
DianeMarie
on 12/16/08 2:49 am - Delmont, PA
Good seeing you Liz!

Been meaning to tell you I love the new avitar. I wish you guys lived closer.  I would LOVE to meet everyone in person and give a hug to everyone I feel so close to.

Diane
Smileycons!

HopefulFuture
on 12/16/08 4:54 am - Boston, MA
Hi Diane!

Just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck with your first fill on Friday.  I hope everything goes really well for you!!

Lisa :)  

DianeMarie
on 12/16/08 6:32 am - Delmont, PA
Thank you Lisa!

I can't wait to have it.  I'm a little nervous about them finding the port.  I've been joking that I want them to mark it after they find it and then I'll go get a tattoo of a bullseye so we never have to search for it again! snicker

Diane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views