***Rainy Tuesday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 12/15/08 12:59 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
It is close enough to midnight to say it is Tuesday.

First, go Eagles.  Grateful they did not choke to Cleveland as they did for other assumably easy teams.  But, did the Giants really have to lose to the Cowboys on Sunday?

Oh well, Tuesday is a very busy day for me.  We have a half day of school with the kids, then the Parents start conferences at 1:00.  After school, I have my rheumatologist appointment FINALLY.  Then, I head back to school for more conferences.  After that, I rush home to blitz the final tidying.  Munchkin Alert!!!!!  She will be here on Wednesday, and I have fragile things as well as chokable things in her reach at the moment. 

I spent this evening baking well done cookies, and finishing her Alphabet Train.  I also did some wrapping, phone calls, and of course, watching Monday Night Football. 

If you are so inclined, I would appreciate some prayers for safe travel, as Colleen and Munchkin will be flying from Detroit to Philly on Tuesday evening.  Forecast has snow in Detroit and a rain/snow mix in Philly.  She is due to land at 11:00 p.m. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Barbara G.
on 12/15/08 1:28 pm - PA
Good morning, Trish.  I also stayed up late watching the Eagles!  Keeping my fingers crossed for the playoffs.

I got my approval letter from my insurance company yesterday.  So, today will pretty much consist of going to work, figuring out the next step, and doing the happy dance!  - and of course, saying a prayer for your loved ones.

-Barb
Pam Hart
on 12/15/08 3:21 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish and Pa!

I will be thinking of Colleen and Munchkin on their trip to you.

I did hear on the news very briefly about a wintery mix of just yucky stuff.  I didn't hear the whole report...but to me it sounded more like an inconvenience than bothersome or dangerous.

On the way home I have some errands to run - Gas station first as I'm fairly certain I pulled into the parking lot on vapors today.  I totally forgot I needed gas and lolly gagged my way around the house this evening before work...ended up leaving a smidge late to begin with, let alone stopping for gas...then Super Walmart, the post office, possibly Wegmans...and Wawa. 

Then it will be home and I will start to bake cookies for the holidays.  I love it!  I'm also probably going to make some of LIz's sf brittle and things like that.  Some of the baking will be brought to my old job  (I know, ridiculous...but when I told them I was leaving they asked only that I come back and bring them Christmas cookies)  We are headed down that way on Friday so I will drop it off then and the sf stuff will come with me to my parents house as the whole reason for traveling down there Friday is for a holiday party with extended relatives at my parents house on Saturday.  So at least I know there will be stuff there I can have, too.

I have off tonight and tomorrow night so that will be nice!!  Whoo hoo!!  After baking....we'll have something easy for dinner...and we'll probably throw in a movie which I will most likely fall asleep to on the couch and be woken up by hubby when it's bed time.

Have a great day - stay warm and dry!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
shoutjoy
on 12/15/08 7:41 pm - Culpeper, VA
Good morning all!  Looks like a mixed bag of weather today.  Got a winter advisory alarm from 1pm today to 1pm tomorrow. 

Since my husband got laid off last Thursday, things have been rather strange.  It's like my days feel strange.  I don't feel as organized and my routine is wacky.  It would be so easy to pack up and go, but there is no money to go lol.  This is a good place to be if unemployed being it is so cheap to live here.  Just out of curiosity, we called our old apartment complex in Fairfax, VA to see if our old apartment is available.  It is!  However, the rents are still crazy!  It is going for $1385 a month!  We are renting a three bedroom house with a full basement for $710 up here.  So we are better off to stay here right now.

Today I meet with my OVR counseler about retraining and apologize for yelling at her.  Long story.  Other than that, its looking for jobs who will let me work with one functioning hand. 

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! lalala

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 8:06 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All! I am SO not looking forward to this crappy weather coming our way - my commute is long enough without people who can't drive in the snow on the roads! After work I only have to run to the bank and Sears - STILL haven't picked up Chris' toolbox yet, I will get to it one day this week! lol

Trish - praying for safe travels for your girls!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 9:22 pm
Hi everyone!  I don't get a chance to get on OH much lately and when I do it is just a quick peek to try and keep up with everyone.  Today I am done work at 3:30 then I must get to a pharmacy to buy some vitamins.  After that it is home to cook dinner and then off to Karate and then the gym.  My knuckles are bruised from last nights class and my elbow hurts.  I have to learn to punch correctly or I am going to have a perpetually sore elbow!! 

I hope everyone is doing well!!

HG
bubble273
on 12/15/08 10:29 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Tuesday morning everyone!!!

Good vibes and safe travel thoughts are coming your way Trish for your two darlings!!!  I'm sure they will be fine.

Well, I've been MIA from roll call the past couple of days....just been busy with work and getting Connor off to school.

Today I've already dropped him off and had my breakfast.  I finally made something other than my oatmeal!!  I had two eggs, a slice of ham and cheese on a piece of toast.  It was good and filling and I got a lot of protein in this morning.  As for the rest of the day, who knows.  I will just go with whatever I find in the fridge.

I have off from my court reporting job today, but not off from transcribing.  After checking the boards, I am off to my work computer to get a lot done.  Then I am meeting Garry after I pick up Connor from school to pick out a tree for my mother-in-law.  She's having a REALLY hard time right now and was worried she couldn't even get a tree.  So we will pick one up for her.

After that it's off to Macy's for a long evening.  I go in at 6:00 and wor****il 12:15 tonight!!!  Hopefully it will be busy to make the time go faster.  This will be the latest I've ever worked there.  Then tomorrow I'm scheduled for an all-day job with my court reporting and possibly Thursday in the same case.  So it's going to be a very busy few days.

Well, have a great day everyone!!!

Karen

CherylT
on 12/16/08 3:51 am - Perkasie, PA
Incoming...yeah it is quarter to three....there's no one in the place....just you 'n me....okay, I'll stop singing.

Wroye two papers today, got out and got my daughters cake and stuff for tomorrow, and got some laundry done. Now I just have to make dinner and get to work by 5 tonight. Hope fully it won't be icy coming home. The boy wonder is coming home around 7:30ish so that's good. I can't wait 'til work is over, it's crazzzzzy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views