4 oz? maybe for some

sbrunell
on 12/15/08 11:25 am - Bensalem, PA
All day long, I am getting questions about how many lbs of shrimp ****tail do you need for a party of 30......Any idea...I figure 3 jumbo is good.....but if you think about it....
that is roughly 4 oz of shrimp ****tail....
So what is for dinner?

Ever think about suggesting to clients that their 8 oz lobster tail is enough for dinner for two?

I am trying to split up bags of shrimp for some employees...i am shocked how many lbs of shrimp people will buy for their home.....

I have two people buying almost 20 lbs!  So far the smallest order I got was for 6 lbs.

It's just crazy to think about how much food is being sold...and where is it going?

But, I guess to survive in the food biz....i just have to turn a blind eye, and cash my paycheck at the end of the week.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 12/15/08 3:55 pm - Easton, PA
Amazing, isn't it?

Friday's "right portion right price" thing cracks me up...because most of their meats on those plates are 6-7 ounces...which is about 2 meals for me anyway...plus the sides and what not...and of course you know people are ordering appetizers before hand....

I bet "average" people eat between 6-10 shrimp at a party depending on how long of a party it is.  I was once told some equation such as plan on "4-6 pieces of appeitzer per person for the first hour and then two pieces of appetizer per person for each additional hour of the party" to figure out the number of little buggers you would need....

Oh well.  Cash your paycheck and go buy yourself 9 shrimp...3 for you, 3 for the wife, and a few for the kids...lol

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/15/08 8:00 pm - Easton, PA
OK so they are either feeding a small army or eating a lot of shrimp! LOL that or it is a REALLY good sale and they are stocking up for the freezer! I am having a gathering on sunday and will be purchasing 2 pounds of shrimp - if it were my entire family I would buy 4 lbs. I am almost 2 years out and I can eat abot 4ounces - that's it! I have polished off a lobster tail though... Took me about 2 hours worth of eating.
Not my proudest moment!

Liz
CherylT
on 12/16/08 4:16 am - Perkasie, PA
Oh the cholesterol! Ack!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA