Barix Post-Op SG meeting, Wed. night w/guest spkr

Dennis Belk
on 12/15/08 11:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Everyone,
We'll have a guest at the next post-op meeting at Barix Clinics in Langhorne, 7P in the lobby.
The night's guest will be Matthew Rodriguez, he's a Fitness & Nutrition director at Bally's fitness club and he'll join us to discuss strategies that we can incorporate. Dr. Marymor has asked Matthew to join us and I believe the good doctor will be there as well. Matthew has experience in helping the overweight population and is currently working with one of Dr. Marymor's patients.

So if you're not doing much Wednesday night please join us for some information, friendship and support. We always love to see our Lap Banders and RNY'ers and being in the midst of the holidays, a little support should be on the menu. If you can take a break from the holiday busy-ness,

I'll see ya there,

Dennis Belk
Post-Op SG Leader
Langhorne, PA   
bubble273
on 12/15/08 10:35 pm, edited 12/16/08 12:42 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, Dennis, I am going to be missing this one.  I haven't missed any meetings in such a long time and this one seems to be one I should be attending.  I'm sort of torn.  I had planned on coming, but Wednesday night is my bowling night.  I usually skip bowling to come to the meeting, but it's our Christmas party.  And also our strike jackpot will be over $1,000.  So I'm hoping that our ticket gets pulled and Garry can bowl a strike to win!!!  Wouldn't that be awesome.  And, yes, I said Garry.  I know, weird, right??  Garry and I bowl on Wednesdays together.  Connor goes with us.  So it's good for him.  I guess it's whatever works for people.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I won't be there.  And I wish you and everyone a very happy holiday, whatever it is that everybody celebrates!!!  Have a good one.  I'll hopefully see you for the Saturday meeting in January.

Karen

EileenWalton
on 12/15/08 10:42 pm
I'm afraid I have to miss this meeting.  We have our firm's Christmas Party tomorrow night.  Seems like it's been forever since I've seen you guys.  I miss you all and can't wait to see everyone soon.
Eileen

CherylT
on 12/16/08 3:40 am - Perkasie, PA
dammitdammitdammit. I would really love to go. I can't make it. Not possible that night, as we are celebrating my daughter's b-day tom. night because it is the only time I have off (her birthday is Friday and I have to work til 7 and then she goes to her dad's so I won't see her.

Give Dr. Marymor and yourself big giant hugs for me though...

Barbara T.
on 12/16/08 10:19 pm - Levittown, PA
I'll be there, Dennis.  I'm the patient of Dr. Marymor's that Matt is working with.  He has given me back my life.  I'm doing things I thought I'd never be able to do again!  I was barely able to move before I started with Matt.  He is an angel!

See you tonight!

Barbara
Dennis Belk
on 12/18/08 4:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Barbara,
Thanks so much for sharing you story of triumph with us last night and bringing Matt Rodriguez to us. Many of us are exercise challenged and everything we can do keep it in our lives' will always benefit us as a patient population.
Thanks again.
You're doing great!

Dennis
GD_007
on 12/17/08 2:27 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Dennis & all,

Sorry - not going to make it.  I was able to make last weeks pre-op meeting, so I got my boost of support, but I've got too much school work due for this Friday that I have to focus on that tonight.

Later - see you all in January,
-GD
Melanie B.
on 12/18/08 3:50 am - Doylestown, PA
Dang I missed it! i have been so busy with work and trying to get everything done before the holidays.

I'm sad I missed Dr. Marymor!

Dennis Belk
on 12/18/08 4:38 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Melanie,
Sorry we missed you. We had a nice group join us, about 30 or so (unofficial) and Matt from Ballys, along with Doc Marymor and his patient Barbara gave us some good insights into working that body. We really appreciated the talk and we had time for support afterwards. It was a fine night. 

Next opportunity will be the 1st Saturday meeting on Jan. 3rd, 12 - 4.
Hope to see ya there!

Dennis 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views