Temple/Jeanes Hospital Bariatric Surgery - Anyone out there??

LiamsMommy
on 12/15/08 9:14 am - Burlington City, NJ
I'm Dawn and I am having Lap-Band surgery on January 20th at Temple U. Jeanes Hospital in Philly. Anyone out there had Dr. Kowalski as a surgeon or had their WLS performed by Temple surgeons? Just looking to hear about  your experiences and what I might expect. I am wondering if anyone out there who's had the Lap-Band can tell me how long were they in the hospital. Did you go home same-day or were you in overnight?

Thanks,
Dawn
IdaMae D.
on 12/16/08 2:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Dawn,
My hubby had his surgery RNY with Dr. Kowalski. Awesome surgeon. Excellent care. I'm in the process of exploring RNY for myself with Dr. Kowalski, I'd never let any other surgeon touch me, I trust him completely. Gene was in the hospital approx 4 days. His surgery was at Temple on Broad Street as Dr. Kowalski was still practicing there. I prefer the Jeanes location and if that had been available 3 years ago I know Gene would have had his surgery there rather than at Temple. Jeanes is much more convinent to our house and the care you get at Jeanes is awesome. I just had a hysterectomy at Jeanes and the care I received was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ida

IdaMae

LiamsMommy
on 12/25/08 10:00 am - Burlington City, NJ
Ida,

Thanks for the info. I live in NJ so I have never been in a hospital outside of Jersey. I chose Jeanes/Temple because of my PCP's recommendation. The Jeanes Bariatric staff is great! The process has truly been effortless for me in terms of the hoops that I hear some people have to jump through. They handle everything. Less than 30 days to go for me! Again, thanks for the info and I wish you and your husband good luck on your journeys.

Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views