what are your favorite..........

Mary Benford
on 12/15/08 11:26 pm - Emmaus, PA
It's so delish!   The only thing with the buff. chicken dip, don't use ff. cream cheese...  it won't melt well.   use the 1/3 less fat.   but the ff shredded cheddar cheese works well.    serve it up with some celery, and it's amazing!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/08 12:54 am - Poconos, PA
OMG! This is the greatest thread in the history of the PA boards!!!

I'm with Trish...I always put out a veggie tray and it always goes over very well. I usually use cherry tomatoes, celery, thick cucumber slices, broccoli, baby carrots and I use Hidden Valley Ranch Fat Free dressing...deeeee-lish!

I also like brushetta on slices of italian bread. Alot of stores have the premade brushetta which many of them are very good or you can just make it yourself so you can adjust the amount of balsamic vinegar to your liking.

I have the recipes for these, just let me know if you want any of them...Asiago, ham and mushroom stuffed potato skins, roasted garlic and eggplant dip served with pita wedges, beef and potato empanadas (these are not the normal size ones-they're made using puff pastry sheets and cut into 4 inch squares), potato parmesan muffins which you can make mini muffins instead of regualr sized ones, tex-mex ground turkey potato boats (these are usually made with regular potatoes but you can use those lil potatoes so they're snack size as well).

Yes, my name is Valerie and I'm a carb addict **holding head in shame**
Liz R.
on 12/16/08 12:58 am - Easton, PA
LOL I'm right there with ya sweetie! They all sound so good too! If I could get the eggplant dip one I would love that!

Thanks!

Liz

PS - We missed you sunday - hope you got everything fixed up and back to normal!
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/08 2:06 am - Poconos, PA
You got it! Here ya go...

2 eggplants about 1 pound each
3 tablespoons of sesame tahini **Available in the ethnic section of the grocery store and just in case you're not sure what it is, which I'm sure you do because you're our lil chef, it's a paste made from crushed sesame seeds and has a nutty taste
1/4 cup of lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic, minced - THE MORE THE BETTER IMHO!! : )
2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce **I leave it out cause I'm a wuss with the hot stuff
1/2 teaspoon salt
paprika
fresh parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 450 and ***** the eggplants in several places with fork.
Keep the eggplants whole and place on a baking sheet, baking them for 30-40 minutes until the skin is blistered and the pulp is soft.
Once cool enough to handle, peel and then continue cooling until room temperature
Place eggplant pulp in food processor with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, hot pepper sauce and salt; process until smooth
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving; sprinkle with paprika and parsley and garnish with red pepper slices if desired
Serve with pita bread wedges

I missed you guys too!! Everything turned out ok but I was sooooo worried about the home theater..material things can be replaced of course so I didn't really care about that but I just practically killed myself painting and hanging wallpaper all while not feeling well and I don't think I could have done it again. It would have been the death of me for sure but thankfully it was fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views