what are your favorite..........

Pam Hart
on 12/15/08 6:30 am - Easton, PA
We used to have something like this, too.  And to make it just a little bit mor fattening...we would wrap it in puff pastry before baking....omg....so good!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/15/08 8:27 am - Boston, MA
Hehehe, that sounds really good, Pam!

Lisa :) 

Nicole0216
on 12/15/08 6:30 am - Lancaster, PA

I like that as well Lisa. What I did at Halloween was took a round brie and jason cut out a jack o lantern face in it and we baked it and put the apricot jam in the cut out sections of the brie. It was good
You could do that with a christmas tree shape maybe

HopefulFuture
on 12/15/08 8:29 am - Boston, MA
That is really cute Nicole!!  ...Apricot jam!  That's actually what I meant...not peach ;)

Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/15/08 6:35 am - Easton, PA
Sweedish meatballs (mini pork and beef meatballs in brown gravy)

Taco Dip
16 ounces sour cream (or greek yogurt)
16 ounces low fat cream cheese
Garlic Powder
6 scallions sliced
A few tomatoes chopped fine
1 jar medium salsa
Shredded Lettuce
Shredded Cheese (cheddar, monteray jack....or a combination...)

Beat Cream cheese/sour cream together.  Spread on an even layer on a platter
Sprinkle w/ garlic powder
Top with scallions and tomatoes
Top with Salsa
Top with lettuce
Top with cheese

Serve with tortilla chips or whatever else!

I also love the buffalo chicken dip as well.

DRUNKEN HOT DOGS (Definately not WLS friendly...but soooo good)
3 pounds hot dogs, cut into bite size pieces and then frozen
1/2 cup of brown sugar, medium pack 3/4C Bar B Que Sauce 1C of bourbon (either JD or Old Grand dads)  Combine all ingredients in a crock pot Cook on Med/High for 1 hr, stirring every 10 mins Lower heat to Med/Low  Continue to cook for 2 hours.  Stir every 1/2 hour.   Serve or continue to simmer on low.
I've also started adding a little bit of corn starch and water after it heats up a bit to thicken up the sauce.

I'm gonna have to make some of these recipies that all these wonderful people have mentioned!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/15/08 7:52 pm - Easton, PA
OK these all sound so good I am going to have a hard time picking!! Could someone please post the buffalo chicken dip?

Thanks!

Liz
Patricia R.
on 12/15/08 6:57 am - Perry, MI
I guess I have either been lazy, or watching my food intake for the past 19 years.  My favorites, and the easiest is a fruit tray, with a dip my daughter taught me, and a veggie tray with french onion dip, or ranch dressing.

The fruit dip consists of a container of Cool Whip, a small box of vanilla pudding, and a cup of vanilla yogurt.  All of these items are available sugar free, so I make it that way.  You don't make the pudding, just throw the powder into the Cool Whip and the yogurt.  My family loved it when I made it. 

I usually would bring something healthy to pot-luc****assions so that the leftovers I took would be safe for me to eat. 

Hope this helps.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

wendy G.
on 12/15/08 9:25 am - north wales, PA
Something I found last week at Trader Joe's is the Corn & Chili Salsa Dip.  5 cals, 0 fat, 6 grams sugar for 2 TBL. serving.  Personally I am happy with 1 TBL. in cottage cheese or dipped with 2 or 3 baked tortilla chips.
jojobear98
on 12/15/08 8:28 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS:

8  oz. pkg.  cream cheese, softened
1/2  cup  blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
1/2  cup  any flavor FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce
1/2  cup  crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2  cans (9.75 oz. each)  SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

DIRECTIONS:

1.HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
2.MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
3.BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

Tips
1.Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place in microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 min. until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
2.Tips: You may substitute 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
3.Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover pot. Heat on HIGH setting for 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir.
4.Tailgating Tip: Prepare dip ahead and place in heavy disposable foil pan. Place pan on grill and heat dip until hot and bubbly.

I don't use canned chicken, I just cook off my own. My family prefers cheddar cheese over the mozzarella. You can change it up a little to your personal taste.......but this recipe is the basics.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 8:31 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Jo! That sounds so yummy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views