what are your favorite..........

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 1:54 am - Easton, PA
party appetizers / finger foods / snacks?? I am planning an open house next sunday and was looking for some new "nibbles" ideas... I know we all have our favorites - what are yours?? Doesn't have to be WLS friendly - I am the only post op going to be there - but it certainly is a bonus.

I am usually good with this stuff but feel like I do the same things all the time!

Thanks!

Liz
LadyJwb
on 12/15/08 2:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Liz I had these thing on Thanksgiving !

*Spinach dip with crab meat and with out
*Baby tomatoes with a sharp cheese on a tooth pick
*Roasted Pepper Hummus and crackers
*Roll Lunch meat with cheese

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 2:03 am - Easton, PA
Thanks! those all sound fab and are things I haven't thought of!
NANCYL
on 12/15/08 2:06 am - PHILA, PA
Oh Boy Liz,
You are asking a 7 months pregant women her favorite foods and she hasnt had lunch yet????

I always made spinach dip with vegatables and bagels that is always a big hit, buffalo chicken dip, cold shrimp(one of my favorites) cheese and crackers, chicken wings, little coctail franks are another of everyone favorites. 
Good Luck on your open house they are always fun foods with those kind of parties!

Nancy
preview image
Liz R.
on 12/15/08 2:09 am - Easton, PA
7 months already?! We are going to be seeing pics of that beautiful little baby soon! Thanks so much - they do all sound yummy and I have had lunch!

Thanks!

Liz
bubble273
on 12/15/08 2:35 am - Levittown, PA
I love the basic cheese and crackers with pepperoni slices or ring bologna!!  My brother also makes this yummy, yummy and I mean yummy pepperoni dip.  OMG...it is to die for.  I could get you the recipe if you wanted it.  And it is served warm.  We're having a 70th surprise birthday for my Dad in January and was going to ask my brother to make this.  Though, I think it's probably very fattening, because of the pepperoni and there's a couple of cheeses in it.  But I think one cracker full wouldn't hurt.  But let me know if you would like the recipe.

Karen

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 2:38 am - Easton, PA
is it the one with some "strange" combination of ingredients that actually tastes divine? Like cream of mushroom soup maybe? I think that i have made that before! It is a good one but would send me to dump city after more then a bite or 2! The other guests would love it though.

Thanks!
bubble273
on 12/15/08 2:40 am - Levittown, PA
Yes, now that you say about the cream of mushroom soup, I believe that is the one.  I knew it was fattening!!!  But I guess you could probably adjust all the ingredients.  Well, if you need it, let me know!!

Karen

EileenWalton
on 12/15/08 3:04 am

Hoagie Dip, which is a HUGE hit
Chili dip - made with cream cheese, Hormel chili, and cheddar cheese (served warm)
Crab Dip (served warm)
Hot dogs wrapped in crescents
Queso dip (served warm)
Shrimp
Scallops wrapped in bacon

I will be making all these for Christmas Eve this year, in addition to hot roast beef and fresh turkey sandwiches.

If you want recipes for any of the above, let me know.

Hope your open house is a HUGE success.

Eileen

Liz R.
on 12/15/08 3:07 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Eileen! I'd love the Hoagie dip! Sounds yummy!

I am so getting hungry again! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views