3 month post op appt.

tanya72100
on 12/12/08 9:40 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im so late on this. Work has been so insane I am going to be glad when the Christmas tree buying is over!!!!

Anyway. I had my 3 months post op appt on Tuesday at Geisinger with Dr. Petrick. They were awesome!!

Ive lost 99 lbs!!! So close to a 100 but as far as im concerned its beyond awesome!!

They were more than pleased with my progress and said i look great. Health wise im great! I only have some heartburn now and again. They told me that my belly skin/flub is actaully minimal and that I would get the ok for plastics at my year appt. He said I looked great and was shocked to see i lost so much. We set my goal weight at 155. But Dr said i could easily get down to 125, as far as he concerned!!

I saw his nurse who ended up taking care of me the night of surgery. She was shocked and told me i looked like a whole new person!! The best part was for once i felt like everyone else. I didnt feel uncomfortable or  out of place. I felt like a "normal" size person!!

I want to thank everybody on this board for being so supportive and great !!! We are moving in Feb but im still gonna post here!! I cant leave you guys!!

Pam Hart
on 12/12/08 10:08 pm - Easton, PA
I LOVE posts like this.  It shows how far you have come....not just physically...but also starting to feel it emotionally, too.  I hope that continues as the emotional battle can be difficult.  But enough of that - your post brought a HUGE smile to my face and I am soooo incredibly happy for you!!

You have definately been working the program like it is supposed to be worked, and you deserve HUGE kudos for that.

Congratulations!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/12/08 10:24 pm - Pottstown, PA
You are doing a great job!!  I remember when you first started posting on the board...and it is sooooo wonderful to see you embrace this tool and make the changes necessary to be successful! 

You so deserve to be happy and proud of yourself!!!  You have accomplished a huge goal and that is amazing!!! 

I am so glad you are going to continue to post here!!  Wishing you continued success!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Elizabeth O.
on 12/13/08 12:05 am - Millville, PA
Wow! That is absolutely fantabulous! And you 'sound' so darned happy!! Good for you!
Elizabeth
Surgery Date: December 9, 2008
keri2008
on 12/13/08 5:39 am - PA
Congratulations!!  That's fantastic news.  Great job working your tool and becoming healthy!

Keri
Melanie B.
on 12/13/08 8:20 am - Doylestown, PA
ok so lets see new pictures lady! 99lbs! woo hoo! that is fantastic.

Congratualtions.

dit657
on 12/14/08 9:14 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Tanya - WOW is all I can say!! You have done a phenomenal job with your weight loss!! It sounds like you're feeling pretty great, too - that's awesome!! Congratulations and enjoy the new you!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 12/14/08 9:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Tanya,
Talk about a wow moment - you have done amazing - 99 pounds in 3 months - holy cow..
Be proud of yourself - you have done a wonderful job.
Tammy
HopefulFuture
on 12/15/08 2:36 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations Tanya!  Pam is right -- your post is SO wonderful!!  I am really, really happy for you!!  Where are you moving to in February?  I live all the way in Boston and I still post here ;)

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views