embracing change?????

ktreavis
on 12/12/08 7:32 pm - PA
So I know this is a very vague question, but with all of the changes that are happening within myself I am not sure which ones to embrace and which ones to let go. so I guess my question is this...has anyone made Thanks for any input.

Katie

Progress not perfection

shoutjoy
on 12/12/08 8:00 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Well, this is a little vague.  I would say embrace the positive changes.  If there are negative changes, then change them if you can.  If not, then embrace them as part of you. 

Paula

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Pam Hart
on 12/12/08 8:58 pm - Easton, PA
Hmmm...that is vague.

Changes I have embraced:  All the wow moments...all the things I can do...all the energy I have...all the confidence I have...

Changes that I have embraced to CONTINUE changing....being able to speak through my emotions and not shove them down with food....the horrible self body image I have....dealing with people who constantly comment on my eating patterns or what have you.  All of these things are "negatives" which I am desperately trying to turn into positives.  Things like those who criticize the surgery or what not...I have basically come to determine that some, if not many, of them, will not listen to the truth and won't understand this isn't the "easy" way out.  I have come to determine that this is THEIR problem, not mine, and I cannot change those *****fuse to listen.  Therefore...I let them *****and then move on....

I don't know if this is anything like what you were talking about but thought I would throw it out there....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/12/08 9:08 pm - Pottstown, PA
Katie-

I would say embrace the changes.  Everything seems to come at us so fast on this journey that it is hard to grasp the enormity of life changes we are making every day.  And some times it doe**** us and we are like"Oh boy what do I do now??"

This journey we are on is not an easy one...it is an emotional roller coaster but the end result is worth so much.  You are doing a phenomenal job--you are inspiring so many of us and we know how hard you are working.  With all the positive changes come some negative ones and we as WLS patients must recognize the good from the bad and separate ourselves from anything toxic.

Positive changes raise our self esteem, give us a boost of self confidence and remind us why we undertook this journey in the first place.  So if it is a positive change embrace it whole heartedly.  Life is a series of changes...nothing stays the same forever.  I am always reminded of Robert Frost's poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" when life changes get too much for me...

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

We have to remember that life is full of seasons and each one changes to give us a new one.  Remember the memories of the good and know that tomorrow always brings a new beginning...change is difficult and often painful..but it can also lead to some wonderful new experiences and journeys.

Remember if you ever need someone to listen I am here!!

Take care!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 12/12/08 10:17 pm - Easton, PA
I just wanted to say....

That was a gorgeous well written beautiful post.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/12/08 10:20 pm - Pottstown, PA
Thank you!!! 

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/08 10:16 pm
Katie,

Change is part of the jounrey and while we tend to focus on the "positive" things sometimes in the long run even the at the moment "negative" things will turn positive to a degree. It is an emotional journey filled with both ups and downs but over all it is a time to focus on ourselves embrace all of the changes going on and some days it may send us off on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but if we sit back confront what is happening we can find some peace in it and embrace it.

There is a song lyric that I think about on days when my world is going up and down and it is ..."Life ain't always beautiful, Tears will fall some time Life ain't always beautiful BUT it is a Beautiful ride!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views