Dr Soriano at Temple

hopegirl66
on 12/10/08 9:39 pm - Downingtown, PA
I went to Dr Soriano's informational meeting last night and I'm really feeling good bout him.
Does anyone have and info on him?
japii
on 12/11/08 3:39 am
No experience with Dr. Soriano but I did go through the Temple University Hospital Bariatric program (back in its earlier stages; a caveat: initially I wanted Dr. Noel Williams at HUP but he had a months-long waiting list back then and my surgeon at TUH interned under him). 

...Be insistent, discerning and picky about your anesthesiologist, prior to my WLS, I had been intubated for a diiferent procedure (@ HUP) but the anesthesiologist at TU insisted it could not be done and insisted on an NG tube...the insertion was downright barbaric (I was fully awake and not drugged) and I had nightmares about it for a few weeks following, to this day I have refused an NG tube for anything else...

...the admin staff tended to be rude and terse - in an effort to be "professional" and his nursing support staff tended to disregard any info I had (that I learned from other post-ops right here on this site -particularly the latest about supplements -for example: they still advocated using Calcium Carbonate versus Calcium Citrate which is much better absorbed and just dismissed taking a low dose of Vitamin C with your Iron to enhance your Iron absorption, fortunately my Primary Care Physician confirmed those points)

So my point: while Dr. Soriano may be an excellent surgeon with good bedside manner -as was Dr. Meilahn- recognize that you are also buying the services of all the support staff, who you will be dealing with much more than your surgeon -and who knows, maybe things have changed by now?

By the way, the nurses on Temple's Bariatric Floor were great! (back then they had an entire floor -with all private rooms- dedicated to WLS)

Best wishes for great success on your journey!
japii

"...the true joy of life...being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one;

being a force of nature instead of a feverish, little clot of ailments and greivances,

complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."
George Bernard Shaw

IdaMae D.
on 12/11/08 5:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
My husband when to Temple and had his surgery with Dr. Kowalski.
Excellent dr. and his staff was excellent. Hospital was excellent.
Dr. Kowalski is now at Jeanes Temple in Fox chase along with his staff.
I am in the process of beginning my wls journey and will be going to Dr. Kowalski as he is the one I trust after the wonderful treatment that my hubby received from him.

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views