***Thursday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 12/10/08 7:10 pm, edited 12/10/08 7:10 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I guess I am up first, which is a miracle to say the least.  Last night my family and I went to a restaurant to celebrate my sister's birthday.  It is right near Barix, on Rt. 1, called Miller's Langhorne Ale House.  Great food at reasonable prices.

Anywho, today I am struggling with the moving, and will try to get to work, though I am sorely tempted not to.  After work, I am supposed to take toys to the Salvation Army, if it is not raining too hard.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bcutekitty
on 12/10/08 7:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish and PA
iam heading to work for my last day for 3wks woo hoo have to work 7-7 ewww then food shopping for the next 3wks busy night then home to shower in the stuff the hospital gave me cause tomorrow is the big day PS dont know my time yet but sure it is in the morning so i will proably post one more time then i will be off for a couple days,have a great day everybody 

IdaMae D.
on 12/10/08 9:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good luck with your PS tomorrow. Gene & I will keep you in our prayers and positive thoughts.

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 12/10/08 8:13 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

Hope you feel better Trish!

Good luck with the PS Tomorrow! WE'll be thinking of you!

I am here at work as usual 6:30 - 4 then I am off to the chiropractor and home to do some cleaning and laundry.

It is going to be a wet, dreary day again today - make the best of it.

Make it a great thursday!

Liz
IdaMae D.
on 12/10/08 9:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning All,
I'm up and was planning to go to wor****il Gene admitted that he was in more pain today than the last 2, so I'll be taking the day off to monitor him just in case we need to call Dr. Skalicky, but I'm pretty sure this is the first day that all the anesthesia has worn off from the PS proceedure.

I will also be calling Sears as the fridge broke last night to try to get a repair person out today. I also have to go down the basement to see if I can find the circut breaker the upstairs oven, something happened to the clock on it and it's making an aweful noise. It's so old don't want to bring out the repair person, instead Gene will repair that when he's up and about but in the meantime have to turn it off to be able to sleep.

Then the rest of today will be consumed with a paper I have to write for my operations management class tonight.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry.

Ida

IdaMae

Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 9:19 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

Trish I do hope you feel better!

Kim, we'll definately be thinking about you tomorrow and in the coming days!!  Best of luck and I'm sure you will do fine and be thrilled with the results!!

Today is still a little up in the air.  If a coupon comes in the mail today we'll be headed out shopping...if not we'll be hanging around the house a bit.

The TV got delivered yesterday - and it is ridiculously huge.  We watched a movie on it last night (The Polar Express in HD of all things...) and OMG....there's really no need for us to go to the movie theater any more!  In my humble opinion it is a bit over the top for just every day viewing - but hubby sure does love it.

Nothing exciting going on here.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 12/10/08 10:13 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Thursday morning everyone!!!

Well, I have already dropped Connor off to school and am now eating my breakfast.  Another late morning for me.  I didn't come downstairs until 8:00 this morning.  I've got to get to bed earlier.  I'm sleeping too late in the morning lately.

After my breakfast and checking stuff online, I will do some transcribing.  And then my job today isn't until 3:00.  So I have all morning and some of the afternoon to get some work done.

Tonight it's off to the psycho doctor.  I'm not nuts, but I kid around with it and call it the psycho doctor.  So I will be doing some talking tonight!!  I feel bad for her sometimes, as I don't shut up and before I know it, 45 minutes is gone :)  No wonder I got in so much trouble in school...I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Good luck, Kim!!!  WOOOHOOOO you're going to not just be hot...you're going to be smokin' hot :)

Have a good one everybody!!

Karen

dit657
on 12/10/08 11:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - stayed home sick yesterday - woke up with a horrific sore throat - and other than that was just plain tired, but my throat felt like somebody stuck a knife into it. Turned out that wasn't the only issue yesterday.

My brother and mother headed out for Florida around 9:30 AM, only to call about 15 minutes into the trip telling me that her oxygen equip wasn't working and it was beeping constantly. I called the company we got it from and they made some suggestions, which I relayed, but apparently none of them worked so the next call was my mother telling me that my brother was bringing her home.

I had a major meltdown - I threw the phone (twice) - it didn't break the first time - it did the 2nd time. I was so looking forward to a break from my mom and her constant complaining and ailments - just some time alone in my own home with my husband - and it lasted all of about 1/2 hour. After my brother left (he brought her and her stuff in and took off - he can't handle sh*t) she and I got into it because I was visibly upset and she wanted to know why. We got into it for a little while - I tried not to say anything to hurt her feelings but some things finally needed to be said. In the end she offered to buy herself a round-trip ticket to FLA but we got in touch with my sister (who lives in FLA) and now mom is going to go back to Florida with them on the 30th and then my sister is going to drive her home - at least she appreciates how I was feeling and understands what's going on and how stressful it can be. I love my mother dearly - but sometimes it just gets to be too much.

anyway, that was my day - I did sleep for about 3 hours in the afternoon and again watching TV last night, so something is sticking in me. I woke up again with a sore throat this morning and stayed in bed but then remembered one of my guys has a huge presentation tomorrow at corp HQ and I needed to come in to get that done. Probably better for it anyway so mom and I aren't home alone today.

So thanks for listening - sorry this was long....

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 12/10/08 11:55 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well and on top of that having family issues. One or the other is hard enough to deal with on it's own. I too am battling a family member - my FIL. Fortunately I don't care what he thinks of me so I can and will speak my mind - much harder with your own parents! Gotta love em though :)

*hugs* hope you are feeling better soon and vent here anytime!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/11/08 12:18 am - Easton, PA
Kathy,

I have lost a few phones to the same ailment yours went through....

((hugs))

Family members can be difficult to deal with at best, and we all know about the worst.

It is stressful dealing with ailing health and caring for your mother and living with her.....and I'm sure it stresses both of you out.

C'mon over and complain any time.

I do hope your throat feels better soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views