hi

Nicole0216
on 12/12/08 2:22 am - Lancaster, PA
what did you do for the fluid retention? i am having that now.
you look awesome so that gives me alot of encouragement
Sweetkatie
on 12/12/08 2:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
I don't know if your surgeon wants you to wear a binder of any sort, I know a lot do, cuz it really helps in shaping... I wore one of these for 4 months (dr's orders were to wear it until 4 month follow up)

http://www.lipoinabox.com/servlet/ProductView?command=cp&sup plierID=378&commodityID=31155&searchIndex=0

Now 4 months sounds like a long time, but I found while my abs were healing they felt kinda weak and sore, this shaper REALLY helped me feel supported and start walking upright etc, I thought it was going to be cumbersome to deal with (and at times it is) but I truly felt better when I wore it, I kinda had to ween myself off of it actually and start not wearing it to bed, taking it off when I got home from work etc.. then eventually I was back to normal and doing fine. 

The other tip I have.. and don't ask me why this works but I feel like it did wonders for me.  My doc had me put paper medical tape over my scars... always have them covered until the tape peeled off after a few days.. then reapply, I did this for 4 months as well and somehow it helps with the scars.  Honestly, I thought it was silly but did it anyway and my scars are very very hard to see,  and I would have said I scar badly and easily.  I did it on the incisions for both my tummy and my breasts.  Try it out if your so inclined, the tape stays on through showering etc... and usually only starts to come off after a few days and isn't bothersome to remove. 
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
HopefulFuture
on 12/11/08 9:26 pm - Boston, MA
So good to read your post Nicole.  We've all been thinking of you.  Glad to hear you are healing nicely (despite what you may see!) and as the others have said, I'm sure you will feel much better once you are able to stand up to shower.  Continue to keep us updated when you can. 

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views