Yummy Dinner

Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 7:11 am - Easton, PA
So I was trying to figure out left overs in the fridge tonight....here's what I ended up doing

Thinly slicing 3 chicken breasts
Threw them into a ziplock bag with a few tablespoons caesar dressing...marinated for a few hours
Then I sauteed them in a nonstick skillet
Tossed with shredded romaine, a sprinkle of parmesean cheese, and a little extra dressing
I put it into these half pita pocket things I found at the store the other day (they weren't low carb...but I stayed away from most carbs today, so I endulged)

Hubby ate FOUR half pita pockets stuffed full of the stuff
I ate almost one, left some of the bread and was sure to finish the chicken

It was really yummy.  I didn't measure out my chicken...but I'm estimating 2-3 ounces in mine.

There was enough to fill all the pockets...and there is a small container of it left over as a nice chicken caesar salad in my size.

Talk about stretching a buck, and good tasting to boot!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 12/10/08 10:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Job Pam!
WLS friendly and hubby friendly too!
Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 11:22 am - Easton, PA
Yea...those two don't generally go hand in hand....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/10/08 8:15 pm - Easton, PA
Wow that is a miracle! lol

Sounds yummy! Did you make the cesar dressing or is there a bottle one you like? I usually make my own but will definately have to try this, Chris would like it too.

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 9:22 pm - Easton, PA
Well, kind of neither :)

I am normally a ranch or honey mustard type of person...but I wanted to serve a caesar salad for the house warming party...so I just picked up any old bottle in the food store.  It was good....I just went and looked at the bottle...it was Ken's Steak House Creamy Ceasar.  I had contemplated making my own, but with all the cooking I had to do that Friday, I didn't want to mess around with that, too.

Pam
Liz R.
on 12/10/08 9:27 pm - Easton, PA
LOL Ok thanks! I'll send you over my recipe when I think of it - it is work making - I love it! and its easy - just toss everything in the blender.

Enjoy your day off!

Liz
EileenWalton
on 12/10/08 11:54 pm
Wow, that does sound good.  One stupid question (and I only ask because you said you were working with leftovers).....was the chicken already cooked?

I think I'll have to try it this weekend.
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 12/11/08 12:15 am - Easton, PA
No it wasn't, but would probably be a good use for left over chicken, and just heat through with some dressing.

I had the chicken breasts left over from making another chicken dish, but it was a family size package of chicken, so I hadn't cooked it all the first time around....

Pam
HopefulFuture
on 12/11/08 12:18 pm - Boston, MA
Sounds very yummy Pam...and creative use of leftovers :)  I am still learning ;)  Thanks for sharing!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views