today's updat on Gene's PS

IdaMae D.
on 12/10/08 7:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
We just got home from the doctor visit. Gene is doing good. Doc thought he was going to have to drain more fluids off the neck due to the complications last night but was pleased to find there was no need for that.
He did say his eye's were too swelled and needed more ice time so I went out and bought a new kitchen timer so we can do the 20 on 20 off more effectively over night.
As long as all goes well and the swelling starts coming down, Gene does not have to see him until Monday.

Ida

IdaMae

Dennis Belk
on 12/10/08 10:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Ida,
As you know recovery after plastics and/or reconstructive surgery is no cake walk. There are certainly issues that are quite different from a RNY, lap-band, etc. Gene is a trooper and you are the best nurse he could have. Looking forward to seeing you two again in the New Year. Happy Holidays!

Dennis 
IdaMae D.
on 12/10/08 8:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Your welcome Dennis,
Yes the recovery from this is a day to day thing. This morning he is in more pain than he's been in the past 2 so I'll be monitoring that just in case I need to call Dr. Skalicky. Otherwise sleep and rest are the two big things. Unlike RNY where the focus is on getting up to walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip
We look forward to seeing you next year. Have a wonderful holiday

Ida

IdaMae

HopefulFuture
on 12/11/08 8:54 pm - Boston, MA
Thank you very much for keeping us all updated, Ida.  Wonderful to hear that Gene is doing well and I hope he continues to feel better and better each day.  Please let him know we are all thinking of him!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views