Yummy Treat / Product Endorsement

Melanie B.
on 12/10/08 12:33 am - Doylestown, PA

i love these! They are on sale right now at Genuardi's BOGO.

I really can only eat 1/2 of one but that 1/2 is so tasty and a great little treat once and a while. Of course my children generally devour the entire box before I get any of them.

INGREDIENTS: REDUCED FAT ICE CREAM: NONFAT MILK, BUTTERMILK, MALTODEXTRIN, POLYDEXTROSE, GLYCERINE, MILKFAT, PECTIN, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, GUAR GUM, POLYSORBATE 80, LOCUST BEAN GUM, ASPARTAME, NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, VITAMIN A PALMITATE. SUGAR FREE WAFER: BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTITOL POWDER, MALTITOL SYRUP, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY FLOUR, CORN STARCH, SOY LECITHIN, COCOA, VANILLA, SALT, SODIUM BICARBONATE. PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

slimabear.jpg picture by mbittar

lucky62756
on 12/10/08 12:46 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
I love these too. I haven't been banded yet, but I buy these all the time..I stock up when they are on sale...Have you tried the "Skinny Cow" yet. They are ood too...Lucky

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Melanie B.
on 12/10/08 12:48 am - Doylestown, PA
No I haven't. They sell them in the vending machine at my office, but since surgery I have sworn off anything that I can get from a vending machine.

also, not sure they are sugar free? GBsers can't have sugar. But I will certainly check them out. Luckily my craving for "sweets" has pretty much left me but every once and a while it's nice to have something that feel rich and creamy.

Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 2:15 am - Easton, PA
Skinny Cow has one NO SUGAR ADDED flavor that I have found...vanilla.  They are absolutely AWESOME

My in laws buy the slim a bear one...and in my opinion the skinny cow one beats it hands down.

Yum O either way!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 12/10/08 3:10 am
I love, love, love these.   I eat them all the time.  Probably shouldn't, but they are only 100 calories and really satisfy my "dessert" craving.
Eileen

rita61677
on 12/10/08 6:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
i love the skinny cow ones hands down like Pam. The slim a bear ones are OK but skinny cow is AWESOME!!!!!!!! but they are more expensive and they are rarely on sale.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 9:48 am - Poconos, PA
I've seen these in the store a few times but never tried them. I'm definitely going to give them a try now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Like a few other folks, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Skinny Cows! I even ate them long before my surgery when I was on WW. I love the vanilla, the chocolate, and the mint. I didn't love the peanut butter chocolate (I think that's the name of it) but I didn't hate it either and I think I saw strawberry one time but I haven't tried that one yet because I'm not a huge fan of strawberry. Has anyone had the strawberry? Any opinions? Were they good?

Thanks again for the suggestion! I think I'm going to hit the store tomorrow on my lunch break and buy them...Woo Hoo!
Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 11:00 pm - Easton, PA
Have you found the other flavors in sugar free, val?

I have only noticed the other flavors in reduced fat, not sugar free.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/08 11:18 am - Poconos, PA
Honestly I never even knew they came in a sugar free version until today so I never looked for it. I normally don't get the sugar free versions anyway since I hardly ever have ice cream - twice maybe 3 times a year if I'm lucky plus I can only eat half of a skinny cow ice cream sandwich so the amount of sugar in it doesn't bother me.

If I do happen to see the other flavors in sugar free though, I'll definitely let you know where I found them.
jojobear98
on 12/10/08 10:12 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I want one! I want one!

Ok, so I am throwing a fit because not only can I not have sugar...........I am lactose intolerant! So it doesn't matter what yummy sugar free ice cream treat they comeout with, I still can't have it.

And lactose free ice cream has the sugar in it still.

And I have concluded that if they come up with a lactose free, sugar free ice cream..........it would have to taste like crap. Can't imagine being able to make it tasty. So this is one thing I have to just give up on!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views