coughing fits

Shannon O.
on 12/9/08 10:30 am - Reading, PA
I need some help... I am now suffering mostly from my cold now and not the sinus infection and I have this horrible cough now that is just killing me... I'm having a hard time eating because of how hard and often I"m coughing... it is a horrible dry cough... my family doc said use whatever I want... but I don't know what is safe to take... so what cough meds can I take... because I would really like to sleep and eat again... lol...

Thanks,

Melanie B.
on 12/9/08 11:14 am - Doylestown, PA
I was told I can take anything other than ibuprohen or any other types of anti inflammatories. I also had a wicked cough for about 5 days and I was taking prescription cold medicine with codiene. I'm pretty certain it was jam packed with sugar, but taking 1tsp of it did not cause me to dump.

I can say that since surgery medications don't seem to work as well as they used to, that's the only part that sucks.

good luck.

Pam Hart
on 12/9/08 4:14 pm - Easton, PA
Just look for the ingredients:  advil, ibuprofin, aleve, naprosyn etc all those are NSAIDS which we are not supposed to take.

Maybe sucking on some lozenges?

I would suggest something like mucinex but you said it's a dry cough so something like that probably won't help.

You can look for a cough suppressant....maybe like robitussin or something like that.

Pam 
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views