wii fit - looking for input!

Liz R.
on 12/9/08 4:54 am - Easton, PA
OK So I am going to come clean here - I am TERRIBLE about exercise! In the spring/summer/fall I get plenty in as I am always outside working on a project, lifting, digging, cleaning etc, getting my heart rate going.

Now that winter is here I am in the house more and less active. I am getting hubby a Wii for Christmas and was wondering if anyone had Wii fit and what they thought of it - I might just treat myself come January. I do have a treadmill and bike which I dread using.

Thanks for the input!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 5:09 am - Eastern, PA
Great for balance and coordination, nothing worth bragging about as far as cardio goes.

Your bike misses you, Liz!
Melanie B.
on 12/9/08 5:24 am - Doylestown, PA
I got one right before surgery and used it a few times. Then i didn't use it at all until recently. It was funny because the little Mii got all persnickity when I stepped on it that I had lost so much weight since my last visit and told me it was UNHEALTHY. little $#!T

Anyway, I guess Norm is right, it's better than nothing. I still think the gym is a much better option, but it would not hurt to have Wii Fit as well. Do the hula hoop - that seriously gets my heart rate going. Oh and take pictures or better yet video. It's serioulsy hysterical to watch.

finding_40_fabulous
on 12/9/08 8:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Liz,
Great question!  I was thinking of getting Wii Fit also.
Doesn't sound like it's that great...though it is better than no exercise at all!
Pat

Jackie Smith
on 12/9/08 10:25 am - Coatesville, PA
Hi Liz,
We got the kids a Wii for christmas as well.  The other night a friend gave me a "tour" of the Wii fit.  The step areobics looks good.  My sis said maybe we can put  the fit board up on a box and it would be more like a real step class.  The hula hoop game looked fun too.
Anyone tried the step class?
Jackie
Melanie B.
on 12/9/08 11:00 am - Doylestown, PA
they are avaialbe at Dell.com

5% Off Coupon Code - TP5NV0VMFJ9BCZ (Expires 12/10)

use code CTV2$2HX963145 for 15% off

You get free shipping on orders over $129.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=238341&t=1068846

cleos_mom
on 12/9/08 11:21 am - phila., PA
I have one and I love it
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 1:12 pm - Poconos, PA
Hi Liz,

My sis has one that I've used a few times when I visited with her and I have to agree with Norman - not much in terms of a good cardio workout but that's just my thoughts on it.

I don't know if you have ever tried the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds dvd's but I use those during the winter when I can't get outside because of the weather. They're a great cardio workout in my opinion. I have quite a few of them if you're interested in trying them. Just let me know and I will make copies and bring them to you on Sunday. I also have The Biggest Loser workout. I haven't tried that one yet but you're welcome to that one also if you like.
Liz R.
on 12/9/08 7:38 pm - Easton, PA
Val - if you could copy one of them for me I would appreciate it! I'll gladly give you $$ for it.

Thanks everyone for the input. I know what I need to do - now I just have to DO it!

Thanks again!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 7:57 pm - Poconos, PA
I'm more than happy to make you a copy but I don't want any $$ for it silly! And if you try to give it to me, I will give it right back to you or hide it in your house..Remember that whole money for the ingredients thing?? I'm sneaky like that! lol

I'm pretty sure I have one that is a 5 mile walk but it's broken down into segments so that you can do just the number of miles you want to. That would probably be a good one to start out with. If you try it and like it, just let me know and I'll hook you up with the others that I have. It's no problem at all!!

See you on Sunday!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views