Gained 10 lbs literally overnight

Pam Hart
on 12/9/08 12:07 am - Easton, PA
I know you are not going to hide your scale.

You need to.

That being said, I agree it's probably water weight.  The fluid can take up to a week to dissapate...especially if you are do for your period within the next 7-10 days or sooner.  I am currently going through that.

The extra water and no salt will help (watch for hidden salt in broth, diet soda, canned food, packaged foods such as lean cuisine, cheese, etc.  A good rule of thumb is less than 2gm a day, or 2000mg)  So look at what you are eating and make sure you don't go over that - the more under you can stay the better.

Someone once told me adding lemon to your water helps get rid of water weight.  Might be worth a try.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 12/9/08 12:51 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I agree with everyone here...water and such.

FYI - I weight myself once a month and at Barix.  Forces me to go to the Wednesday meetings :) 

-GD
SPatel4
on 12/9/08 1:06 am - Levittown, PA
Angela,
Calm down. I am always 5-10 pounds up and down. I know the scale thing is hard but just keep doing all the things you have been doing. You know you will do great because at the end of the day you know what you have to do to keep the scale moving again.

I am hear for you babe. Call me tonight. I think it is water weight and it will come off soon.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Laureen S.
on 12/9/08 1:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Angela,

Ditto to all that's been said. . .  water weight gain for us women can be awful, try to be aware of sodium intake from now on and drink lots of fluids of the decaf kind. . . 

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/9/08 1:53 pm
I know how upsetting it is.  It happens to me all the time.  However, you don't have lymphedema.  So the question is what did you eat during the past three days?  Have you cut back on the carbs and gotten in all your protein and water?

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Nubianlilly
on 12/10/08 12:56 am - PA
I guess it was water weight.  After a day of intense drinking, including intesnly caffeinated drinks ( sorry) and salt restricting, When I got home last night I got on the scale and was back down to 184 then this morning I was down another 2lbs.  I'm hoping by tomorrow ( if I keep up my water intake and reduced sodium) that I'm back to 178.  I can't take spikes like this.  It gives me heartburn!

Thanks for all the support

-Angela

Liz R.
on 12/10/08 1:36 am - Easton, PA
Glad that it is coming back down! But here is the perfect exaple of if you only weighed once a week the water weight may have very well been gone before you even knew it was there! The scale will drive you bonkers at time!

Best of luck!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views