Gained 10 lbs literally overnight

Nubianlilly
on 12/8/08 11:07 pm, edited 12/8/08 11:14 pm - PA

Ok folks, please help me explain this.  I got on the scale yesterday and I was 178.  today, I jumped on for my morning weigh in and it said 187.  I almost cried.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED OVERNIGHT??? Please someone calm me down. cause i'm thinking about jumping off of a bridge right now.  10 lbs is HUGE.

Thanks in advance.

Angela

tammypa
on 12/8/08 11:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Angela,
I think there is something wrong with your scale. I think it is impossible to gain that much
weight overnight.
Tammy
Nubianlilly
on 12/8/08 11:18 pm - PA
It's been working fine.  We have two in the house too. I got on both of them. :(

Melanie B.
on 12/8/08 11:20 pm - Doylestown, PA
it has to be water weight - there is no way to gain 10lbs of fat in 24 hours, but if you are lile me VERY easy to retain water.

cut down on salt/sodium and drink tons of water today.

Nubianlilly
on 12/8/08 11:55 pm - PA
OK, I'm gonna drink water until I float away.  Let's hope for better things tomorrow.

Liz R.
on 12/8/08 11:29 pm - Easton, PA
Angela - CALM DOWN SWEETIE! There has to be something going on here - PMS? water gain something like that - someone else mentioned it - cut back on salty things today and drink extra water. Also be sure to stick to protein and good foods today!

Second - hide that scale - do I have to confisgate it! Only get on it once a week at the most.

It'll be ok!

Liz
Nubianlilly
on 12/8/08 11:54 pm - PA
Once a week??!!!!! you silly rabbit LOL.  I would end up weighing myself at random department stores to get my daily fix of knowing how much I weigh. HA HA HA.

OK, protein, extra water no salt... got it!

Liz R.
on 12/8/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
Now remember it might take a few days for all of that fluid to flush out of your system!

Do you do your measurements too? They are always a great indicator of how things are going when the scale doesn't cooperate like we want it to!
victoria3
on 12/8/08 11:52 pm - Douglassville, PA
I agree with Liz, HIDE YOUR SCALE!!!!  Checking more than once a week will drive you nuts!

Nubianlilly
on 12/8/08 11:55 pm - PA
If only I could. LOL.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views