portable heaters

rivardstarr
on 12/8/08 6:57 am - phoenixville, PA
Hello to everyone out there shivering,
This is just an fyi I thought I'd pass on. At work this past week, one of the nurses was telling me about his wife who works in a bank I think. Anyway, her desk is close to the outside door, so she is constantly freezing whenever the door opens. Several people, including her have portable heaters under their desks to help them stay warm. Hers exploded this past week. No one got hurt, and the fire was put out quickly. The cause was the can of air?[ the spray cleaner you use to clean the dust from your computer]. It was on the floor, and heated up too much. Hence the can exploded. Now there is a policy at her work and the heaters are banned. I guess her husband will be buying her Uggs for xmas.

Chris
LadyJwb
on 12/8/08 8:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks for sharing this Chris I keep my heater on every day and I have the "duster" air under my desk as well . I will be sure to move it first thing in the morning! We have a no heater policy as well, but I have my heater my boss actually bought me a "slanket" from QVC becuase she knows i'm always cold.

dit657
on 12/8/08 8:39 pm - Boothwyn, PA
*Hijack* - my girlfriend told me about the 'slanket' this weekend - she's lost a lot of weight herself (thru Jenny Craig) and like us is always freezing - I might have to look for one of those for a Xmas gift to me!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
LadyJwb
on 12/9/08 12:42 am - Philadelphia, PA

The Slanket Fleece 

The one I was given is not this long but does have sleeves. You can see it on QVC.com $29.00

ladychief231
on 12/8/08 9:09 pm - Douglassville, PA
We are not permitted to have heaters for that reason. Ugs are on my wish list! my feet are frezzing right now. Every time I see the slanket on QVC I think I should order it. They had a large warming throw on last night that I might order today. I hate to admit it but I'm  a QVC junkie.

still freezing....Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

LadyJwb
on 12/9/08 12:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
On December 9, 2008 at 5:09 AM Pacific Time, ladychief231 wrote:
We are not permitted to have heaters for that reason. Ugs are on my wish list! my feet are frezzing right now. Every time I see the slanket on QVC I think I should order it. They had a large warming throw on last night that I might order today. I hate to admit it but I'm  a QVC junkie.

still freezing....Teresa
Ladychief QVC addict i am..lol I have every pair of birkenstock they carrry! Hubby hates that station...lol  I  own three pair of uggs and I'm still cold. I got one pair from zappos at a cheaper cost , but black is only sold at Nordstroms don't waist your money on the sweater uggs they don't stay up.

Happy Holidays!
Jervis

Liz R.
on 12/8/08 9:58 pm - Easton, PA
wow! That is terrible! Although right now a fire under my desk doesn't sound so bad! lol I am FREEZING!!! I can have a portable heater but don't for some crazy reason! I have to pick one up next time I am in Target.

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 10:01 pm - Easton, PA
That is a good message to pass on, thanks Chris.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
IdaMae D.
on 12/9/08 10:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you for sharing this with us. Many of the employees where I work have these heaters under their desks and like me keep the computer stuff under there as well. I will pass this on as we are not supposed to have these heaters but no one checks. But let something like this happen and the heater police will be all over the place

IdaMae

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/9/08 1:57 pm
I got a little portable heater at big lots last season for $10.  I know it doesn't help anyone who can't have one, but for those who can, its cheap.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views