Newbie to ObesityHelp.com

Lslaven
on 12/9/08 2:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to the journey of a lifetime.  We are so glad to have you join us here at the PA forum.  There is a wealth of information and support that you can tap into at any time.  I don't think I would have made it through the whole process without my OH family. 

I look forward to following along with your weight loss journey and wish you much success.

Linda
amberstarr
on 12/9/08 3:28 am - Allentown, PA
Hello, and welcome! I'm in the same boat you are....waiting for those dates! Hope you have as much fun, and find as much great info here as I have. (And everyone is REALLY nice!!)

Good luck!
Liz R.
on 12/9/08 3:48 am - Easton, PA
AMber - not sure if you saw but we are having a cooking class / support group this sunday in Easton - let me know if you would like more info or see my post.

Liz

PS - where are you having your surgery?
amberstarr
on 12/9/08 5:06 am - Allentown, PA
Hi! I did not see that, but I'd love to check it out!
I'm going to be having my surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital.

Thanks for the heads up!

Amber*
Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 7:17 am - Easton, PA
Amber,

Liz's support group meeting is awesome (the one with the cooking class)  She graciously holds it in her house and it's a great time of support, friendship, chit chatting and really good food.

I unfortunately won't be making it this month, as I am working the weekend, but if you have time to stop by, definately do so!

I just started working at LVH...Cedar Crest...considering you are in Allentown, I assume that is the one that you are having your surgery at?  I don't know all that much about the facility and know nothing about their bariatric program, but the hospital has amazed me immensely in the first month or so of me being employed there.  I hope you have a good experience (I work in the ER over nights....)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 7:01 am - Kirkwood, NY

Thanks for all the support and messages! I am so happy to join the PA Boards. However, I live in New York, but grew up in PA. Plus, where I am going to have my surgery is in PA and I figured by joining the PA boards I could find out if I can met someone that might end up having surgery around the same time I do and have some support for each other. If I do  have questions....believe me I will ask and I will not be afraid to be to personal LOL. I just got blood work today for my surgeon because she suggested it. I am waiting on a date for my sleep study and once all that is done....and cleared..I pray for my dates. I do have a question....when I get these tests done....does your PCP tell you your results? Does your PCP fax the results to your surgeon for you? Or do u have to be on your own dr to make sure that gets done?

HopefulFuture
on 12/10/08 6:48 am - Boston, MA
Welcome to OH and to the PA board, Dee!  We are happy to have you here.  As the others have already told you and as I'm sure you've already begun to see, this board is filled with a group of wonderfully supportive people who have a wealth of experience, knowledge and stories to share.  I live in Boston but I had my surgery in PA (also at Barix and also with Dr. Pupkova, who is incredible by the way!) and so I post here instead.  

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your PCP question but the best advice I can give you is to stay on top of everything including all of your tests.  If you want something faxed to Dr. Pupkova, make sure to tell your PCP you need it faxed and provide the number.  And then make sure Dr. Pupkova has actually received it once it's been faxed.  You may be able to get results directly from your PCP, but perhaps not immediately, and I'm sure Dr. Pupkova will need to have a copy of these results anyway.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Lisa :)  

Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 7:15 am - Easton, PA
I personally had to keep track of my own records for some of the tests.

I gave the testing doctor Dr. Pupkova's name, address, and fax number.  And also requested copies of the results myself (sometimes this included a few follow up phone calls and visits to the office)  Once I got the results in my hand...I faxed them over to Dr. Pupkova myself.  I'm sure she had multiple copies of a few things...but better than not having it.

Also...there were times that the office staff said they didn't receive it, even after I faxed it over personally - so call Barix each time you fax something and ask for confirmation that they received it.

I started posting on this board when I still lived in jersey (just moved to pa, on Nov 1 actually) for basically the same reason - I was a Pa patient and figured I would find out more about the facility and what not.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 8:32 am - Kirkwood, NY
Thanks so much for the advice. Yeah I got my blood work done because Dr. Pupkova actually was the one that suggested the test. They said that it would take about 3 days for the results and I am sure I will be on top of my drs office and make sure they get faxed. I am praying that I will not have any problems with Barix not receiving the fax. I am still waiting on my own PCP to set up my sleep study with the sleep lab up here and I went to see him Monday and its now Wednesday and still he has not called with an appt. for me yet. Weird...because he said he was going to set up the appt because if I did then it might take 3 months before I would get an appt. That would stink if that happened. I figured he would be on top of it and would have called me by now. I do not know but I am going to call the drs office tomorrow and see what is up with my appt he is suppose to set for me. Waiting patiently...LOL.

A little about me....I have not put my story on my profile yet....but I will. I am 29 years old living in Kirkwood, NY. That is exactly 3 hours from Barix. Not to bad. I have a husband who is 34 years old and we have been married since Aug 29, 2008. Just newly weds. I did not have a wedding dress and all that big wedding because I did not want to get married in a wedding dress this big. I am waiting til I lose the weight I want to and look good in a wedding dress and feel comfortable to show myself off in a nice dress. We do have 3 kitties who are Onyx, Rosie, and bug I love them. The keep me busy cleaning up after them LOL.. believe it or not they are not that dirty but I cannot stand the smell of them but my husband loves cats and I Love him so I agreed to have them too and that he has to clean up after them not me. Only sometimes I do when he is out of town which is twice a week because he is a driver for Maines Paper and Food. I have no children and in hopes someday in the future me and my husband will have one or two. LOL. He wants at least one and I would like to have 4..HAHA. Maybe. Idk I might change my mind but I love kids. I am a stay at home wife and I also attend college online through Axia of UOP. I am majoring in Accounting. I have til the end of 2009 and I will be graduating from college with my Associates. I might continue with my Bachelors but I am not sure. I might stop and get a job and a career in place and then after one year of being at a company then continue with my Bachelors and move up after some experience. I do eventually want to start a family and of course I have to wait 2 years out of surgery before that can happen. Well I am super excited about getting to know everyone else and here is a little about me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views