Monday updatte on Nicole

Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 3:14 am - Easton, PA
Hello all!

We saw Nic and Jason today.  Nicole was feeling much better...and had apparantly gone from 10am yesterday till about 10pm last night without any vicodin and took only tylenol.  She took the vicodin at night to help her sleep...

This morning she was able to eat oatmeal..had drank some tea, had a bottle of water, and looked all and all good.  She got into "clothes" (fleece pajamas...but had been in a hospital gown since Friday so this was a big step!) and we got her out the door from the hotel they were staying in, to her Doctors appointment.

Brian and I did not stay in the room with her, Jason, and the doctor..but the appointment went well.  One of her three drains were pulled, and they gave her a different abdominal binder which was working out much better.  Jason looked at everything and was pleased with how everything looked already.  Nic wasn't up to that stage yet ;-)

So...got her packed up, said goodbye...Jason gave her some vicodin for the car ride home (it's like a two hour trip for them) and off they went.  She was acting much more like herself, and that was so nice to see.

Of course, she believes she should be doing better than she is at this point - aren't we all our own worse critics?  She really appreciates all the support she has gotten, and Jason too.  Nicole's sister (who is post RNY like 6 years ago) called and when Nicole told her all about her get well wishes, her visitors, and her phone calls...her sister was like "These people are just doing this for you"  She told her yup....we have one hell of a support group, and they jump into action at a moments notice.  And ain't that the truth??

I'm sure she will be posting by the end of the week.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/08 3:21 am
Pam,

Thank  you so much for the update aznd helping Nicole out. I ws there with Dennis when you had called on Saturday night and she has not left my mind since.

Yes we are a pretty amazing group and seems someone is always there for each other. We are all pretty blessed.
keri2008
on 12/8/08 3:31 am - PA
Thanks Pam!!!  For all the info and all the help you are giving her.  She's been on my mind with thoughts and prayers especially after reading about her rocky start.  I'm so glad she was able to eat and feels more up and about.  :0)  Yay Nicole!
tammypa
on 12/8/08 3:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,
Thanks for the update on Nicole. It was good to hear that she is feeling much better.
You are so wonderful to go and help her and Jason out like that. I am sure that they
are so grateful. They are both special people.
Tammy

dit657
on 12/8/08 3:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
You're a wonderful friend and I know Nichole is to happy to have you as hers - thanks for the updates on her condition - it sounds like it all went well and she's starting to recover and feel better. I hope she lets herself rest and heal, tho - her body has been through a lot.

Thanks again Pam - take care of yo'self, too!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dennis Belk
on 12/8/08 9:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Great Job Pam & Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your caring, calling, nursing, visiting & updating for Nicole & Jason. It's times like these that we further cement our ties to each other. Damn it's wonderful. 
Wow what  a group!

Dennis 
Lslaven
on 12/9/08 2:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam:
Thanks for the update.  I have been thinking about Nicole and hoping that the worst is in the past now.  If you speak to her, please send her my love and tell her that she is in my thoughts and prayers. 
Linda
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 7:11 am - Boston, MA
Finally up to Monday's update ;)  So glad to hear that Nicole is feeling much better and that everything went well at her appointment.  Thank you again so much Pam (and Brian!) for going back to visit, for taking such wonderful care of Nicole, for spending time with Jason and for updating all of us on how she is feeling.  I'm sure Nicole and Jason appreciate it so much and we all do too -- you are wonderful, Pam.  If you speak to her before she is able to post, please let her know we are all thinking of her!

Lisa :) 

New_Beginnings_36
on 12/10/08 1:03 am - PA
I know that I'm a little late...sorry, I haven't been on much. I just wanted to say that I am glad to hear that Nicole is home and okay. Thanks for keeping everyone posted Pam :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Pam Hart
on 12/10/08 2:17 am - Easton, PA
No problem for keeping everyone updated.

And I know all of you (including Jason and Nicole) have said how wonderful it is that we did what we did...it's really absolutely nothing more than what any one of you would have done in my same position depending on distance.

We were so glad to be able to help out in any small way we could.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views