Thank you Everyone and back in Boston safely

HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 5:24 am - Boston, MA
Hi PA!

Just wanted to thank you all so much for embracing Adam at the Barix support group meeting on Saturday and for welcoming him in the loving, caring way you have all done for me.  By bringing him for the first time, to a 4-hour support group meeting for me (when he has never been to any kind of support group in general), I was really throwing him into it all and didn't really give him the chance to "ease into" anything... But he survived it.  Actually, he more than survived it.  And that is largely because of all of you who made him feel so welcome and included.  You really are an incredible group of people and I feel extremely lucky to have each of you in my life.  My only regret is not living closer to you all.

And speaking of which, after a wonderful weekend in PA, Adam and I made it back to Boston safely.  I hope to be back again in the spring (perhaps around March or April) and I'll of course be looking forward to seeing you all.  Until then, I am only a post, PM, chat, email, text, or phone call away :)

Love and miss you all already,
Boston Lisa :)   

Mike M.
on 12/8/08 5:27 am - Langhorne, PA
Glad you made it home safely.  Don't be a stranger!  ;-)
HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 5:31 am - Boston, MA
Thanks, Mike!  It was really great seeing you!!

Lisa :) 

Mary Benford
on 12/8/08 5:34 am - Emmaus, PA
Hey Lisa,

It was great seeing you again finally....  it had been way too long :) You look fan-freaking-tastic!!!  Adam was so nice.  You two seem so great together!

Keep in touch woman!

Much love...

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 5:43 am - Boston, MA
Hey Mary!

It was so great finally seeing you too!  You're right...it had been waaaay too long.  I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw you before this.  I don't think I saw you in August or in May.  It might have been February...crazy!  You my dear look fan-freaking-tastic too!!!!  Thanks so much about Adam -- I'm really glad you got to meet him!!

I promise to keep in touch as long as you will! 

Lots of love back at you, 

bubble273
on 12/8/08 5:46 am - Levittown, PA
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO, you changed your ticker!!!!  Way to take the first step in getting that boooo other number out of your precious, beautiful mind!!!  I LOVE IT!!!! 

You just keep telling yourself how GREAT and FABULOUS you have already done and no matter what, you have changed your life FOREVER and for the BETTER and nothing or nobody can ever take that away from you!!!

It was great seeing you, of course; and also meeting Adam.  He's very handsome and you make one good looking couple!!!  For him to come to a 4-hour support meeting to me shows what kind of guy he is!!!  So I would suggest holding onto him for a while !!!  But that's just my HUMBLE opinion.

Glad you made it home safe.  Stay warm up there in Boston!!!  Take care and say hello to Adam from his new found family down here in PA!!!

Karen

HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 6:12 am - Boston, MA
You are amazing, Karen!  Truly amazing.  I thought a lot about everything after the meeting, and I thought about your words to me in particular.  You have an incredible sense of everything this journey is about and also a wonderful capacity to relate to different experiences (even if you haven't experienced them personally).  I value your input immensely Karen, and I really wish we lived closer so we could hang out more!!!

It was so great seeing you and I'm really happy I got to introduce you to Adam.  Thank you so much for everything you said about him and about us :)  You really made me smile :)  I will definitely say hello to him from his new found family down in PA -- thank you so much!!!  And yes, I think I'll hold onto him for a while ;) 

Talk to you soon,

cleos_mom
on 12/8/08 7:02 am - phila., PA
Hi LIsa
 It was really great to see you again and Adam seems to be really nice but then he must be if you arew with him. Wish you both the best of luck
but you never told us how you met & how long this has been going and what not.?
Just being nosey.
Wish you did live closer to us cause you are right we are a great group but we are so glad to see you & Adam anytime you come to town
see you next time
Susan
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 7:17 am - Boston, MA
Hi Susan!

It was so great to see you again too!!  Thank you so much for what you said about Adam -- I'm really glad you got to meet him!  To answer your questions (hehehe, it's ok if you wanna be a bit nosey!), we actually met on match.com and we have been together for almost 6 months.

Hope the pre-op meeting goes well tonight and I really wish I lived closer too!  Thank you so much for warmly welcoming me (and Adam!) whenever I come in -- I'll be looking forward to seeing you next time I'm in town. 

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery and I'll be looking forward to hearing how you are feeling once you are recovering.

rivardstarr
on 12/8/08 7:03 am - phoenixville, PA
Lisa,
I don't get a chance to attend the Barix meeting, but I'm glad you were able to get down here and touch base with so many of your friends. I'm happy for you that you have someone special in your life. He sounds like a great person, to travel the distance and then deal with a 4 hour support meeting. I'm sure he can now appreciate even better the struggle and choices that you make every day. I wish you ongoing joy in your realtionship, and continuing success with school and your weight loss.
Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views