Switching to Dr. Pupkova...I think

elvanah
on 12/7/08 10:08 pm
Hi everybody! I have Aetna and had to do the 12 week pre-op diet with my surgeon and I had to lose 10 lbs in order for my case to be submitted to Aetna for approval.  I went through the 12 weeks with Dr. Dallal/Dr. Trangs office at Einstein and didn't lose the 10 lbs...Totally my fault, but I found through this process that I wasn't really crazy about the staff at their office.  Now, in order to be approved, I must go through the 12 week program again, so I was thinking this would be a good time to switch to another surgeon and get a fresh start.  I've read great things about Dr. Pupkova on here.  Would anybody be willing to tell me about your experience?  Let me know.  I am kind of new to this site and haven't posted much.

Thanks so much,
Dana
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 10:34 pm
Hi Dana

I had Dr. Pupkova and think she is a really great surgeon. She has a compassion you will not find with most doctors which was what won me over with her at my consult. She may also require you to lose a set amount of weight for surgery and will not do it if you do not meet the goal but she is encouraging during the whole process.

If you are interested in looking into Barix on Tuesday night there is the pre-op support meeting at 7:00pm and there will be some post ops there that had Dr. Pupkova we will be more then willling to talk to you even more about Barix and Dr. P.

Good Luck!
Jan K.
on 12/7/08 11:08 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
She is incredible!  She is a top surgeron in her field .  She has a nurturing personality like that of a mother only wanting what is best for you and your health.  She listens to you and answers all of your questions giving you the facts you need to make your decision.  She is there for you and cares about her patients.  If you have a problem or a concern, she is just a phone call away.  

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Tom B.
on 12/8/08 2:18 am - Runnemede, NJ
I dont have much experience with her yet. My surgery is next week. A friend of mine had his surgery two montha ago and couldn't say enuff good things about her and Barix. I did go to the last saturday support meeting( which was great btw). Seems like a lot of people are happy with her.
Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 3:00 am - Easton, PA
Dana,

I'm another Dr. P patient and I also love her.  I also love Barix.  Their office staff as far as submitting paperwork and what not can sometimes take a little follow up push from you, but other than that...fantastic.  The nursing care is second to none.

Dr. Pupkova is wonderful, caring, concerned, and very involved in her patients.  I must tell you that she can come across a bit brash...and she absolutely does not tolerate not following rules she has set forth.  She wants you to be honest with her, and expects that...but will also tell you when you aren't doing your end of the bargain.  She tells me all the time that her part is the easy part - it's up to us to continue following the program.  She puts certain rules in place for our health and our safety and takes it very seriously if we are not completely satisfied.  However...she can only tell us what to do and guide us...we have to make the final decisions.

I would do this all over again with Dr. Pupkova if I needed to.  She is one heck of a surgeon whose dedication is more than I have ever seen.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
elvanah
on 12/8/08 3:03 am
Thank you all for your responses.  I am going to their information session on Wednesday, so I'll see where I stand after that.

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery, Tom!  It sounds like you are in very good hands.

Dana
jovigirl
on 12/8/08 3:28 am - washington, NJ
I just wanna say ditto ditto ditto.She is an awesome doc!And Barix nurses & support staff are great

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

cleos_mom
on 12/8/08 7:11 am - phila., PA
HI, we have a friend on board here who also switched from Dr. Dallal's office, she liked him but didn't like the office staff so she went to Barix Dr. Boe.

I am a Dr. Pupkova patient and she is great even when you are 18 months post-op, she still cares
Good Luck
Susan
elvanah
on 12/8/08 11:19 am
Susan, glad to get your reply.  I was beginning to think it was just me and that I was too picky.  Happy to hear that somebody else felt the same way about that office.

Thanks so much,
Dana
Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 6:08 pm - Easton, PA
Even if you were being "picky" you are certainly entitled to in making a decision such as this.  You want as much to be right as possibly can when making such a big decision.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views