ok so here are my symptoms...

Liz R.
on 12/7/08 11:42 pm - Easton, PA
I am DIZZY/ lightheaded, a bit nauseous, occasional diahreah (this could be just somthing I ate - my lack of gall bladder is VERY fussy with food) and NO energy. I have an appointment with my PCP at noon to see if they can figure out what is going on in this crazy 'ol body of mine. Any ideas from you fine folks? I am wondering now if it isn't something with my blood work - maybe a vitamin or mineral that is low? B12? I am going to ask her to check everything! I know I get paranoid but I also know that I don't feel good and that something has to be causing it! Could it just be a virus? maybe - who knows!

Thanks for listening to me rant!

Liz

PS - I have had a history of extremely low B12... but now I take the nasal spray and sublingual.
keri2008
on 12/8/08 12:06 am - PA
I am so sorry you're experiencing all this Liz!  Enough already!!  You deserve and need some feeling great-healthy time!!!  That being said, I am looking forward to see what Pam posts as she is always a wealth of  knowledge -that wonderful nurse!  It could actually be any of the things you listed.  I think having everything tested is always a good way, if nothing else, to exclude vitamins as the instigator so you're on target to request that.  You're also still "recuperating" from major surgery so that could be a factor.  Again, I'm looking forward to Pam's response but no matter what you're headed on the right road by meeting with your PCP AND checking vitamin levels.  Thoughts and prayers your way and keep us updated!

Keri
Liz R.
on 12/8/08 12:10 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Keri! I know this is enough already! lol and to think all that could have gone wrong had I NOT had my WLS! This could even just be my sinues - I know that has done it to me before too - the dizziness anyway. I'll let you know how I make out at the PCP - leaving here around 11:30 - my appt is at 12.

Thanks agian!

Liz
tammypa
on 12/8/08 12:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Liz,
So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I think you are doing the right thing
by seeing your doctor and getting your blood work done also.  It is probably just
a virus - but it is best to make sure.
As far as the B-12 goes, I get a shot at my PCP once a month. I am not sure if
it is all in my head - but I think I feel better when I get the shot, rather than taking
the sublingual dots.
Please keep us updated on how you are feeling.
Tammy
John T.
on 12/8/08 12:28 am - PA
Liz,
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Some of those symptoms sound a lot like Val's. Hopefully they'll find out what it is and have you feeling better in no time. Feel better and keep us informed.
John

Melanie B.
on 12/8/08 1:14 am - Doylestown, PA
I have the same symptoms. They started last night around 11pm and i'm miserable. I dragged myself to work and I'm thinking I'm going to leave and go home.

i'll be anxious to hear what the doc syas about you.

I'm a little nervous because I do have chest/back pain similar to how the describe GB attacks - but I also have achy legs so I'm thinking it may just be muscular all my aches and pains.

I hate being sick, this sucks.

Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 3:04 am - Easton, PA
Liz,

It sounds to me just like a couple of virus' on top of each other.  Maybe a sinus/ear thing (which would be causing the dizziness), a stomach thing (nauseous and diarrhea), and the no energy thing is your bodies way of telling you "hey, I'm sick...and I need you to rest to help me get better"  The sinus thing could also be upsetting your GI track...if you are getting a post nasal drip and not even realizing it....the extra stuff goes into your tummy...and pre or post surgery, tummies don't like that.

Your idea of the lab values is also possilbe as far as vitamins and what not...and it never hurts to get them checked.  I don't think that is the cause of it....but it definately could be.

Feel better, let us know what the doc says.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/8/08 8:06 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks all! Dr said that I looked good to her - we should have labs back tomorrow and hopefully that shows something. She said that I could be getting a virus / cold and it just can't
develop" - we'll see!

Thanks all!

Liz
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 7:01 am - Boston, MA
I sure hope you are feeling better soon, Liz.  Glad you went to the doctor and she thought you looked good.  Let us know what your lab results show and hope you are feeling better in no time!

Lisa :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views