Surgery tomorrow!

Elizabeth O.
on 12/7/08 5:52 pm - Millville, PA
Wow! My surgery is tomorrow!
I'm a ball of nerves! lol The funny thing is, I don't know what I'm nervous about... well, it IS major surgery (of course), but I trust my surgeon... I think I'm amazingly excited!
I AM nervous about my mother driving home from Philadelphia on her own and then back again... my aunt was supposed to go along but she crapped out on me.
It's been such a long road to get here and it's finally happening!

Elizabeth
Surgery Date: December 9, 2008
lauraanne715
on 12/7/08 7:43 pm - Pottstown, PA
Congrats!!!!  You are going to do fabulous!!  We are all moving over to make room on the losers bench for you!! 

I am sure your Mom will be okay.  You can go to Google Maps and get really good driving directions if that makes you feel better!!  (DO NOT USE MAP QUEST--it is not as good)  All in all you sound ready and you are going to do great!!! 

Good luck!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

keri2008
on 12/7/08 8:31 pm - PA
Congratulations!!  It's a wonderful journey.  Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.  Let us know how you're doing.

Keri
jovigirl
on 12/7/08 9:15 pm - washington, NJ
Hugs & best wishes  you'll do great!Walk walk walk,sip sip sip & REST!!!!!

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

tammypa
on 12/7/08 10:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Elizabeth,
Best of luck and welcome to the losers bench.
Tammy
KellyD85
on 12/8/08 12:27 am - Riverside, PA
Congrats to you! You'll do great.  I completely understand where you are coming from right now.  I am 1 wk po s/12/1. I had open RNY @ Geisinger.  I feel I am doing well.  I never had any type of surgery and was quite literally shaking in my shoes the day before and the day of.  

I couldn't release the 'what ifs' from my mind so I spend some quiet hrs with my teenage children playing cards and talking. 

Now one week later-a whole new person-feeling improved and only going day-to-day.

Let us know how you feel.

Kelly

HW/SW/CW/GW
303/275/199.4/150    ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!      

HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 6:25 am - Boston, MA
Elizabeth, I am just reading your post now and by this time, I'm sure you are out of surgery and on the road to recovery.  This whole journey is so very exciting and it is completely normal that you were a ball of nerves yesterday!  I'll be looking forward to hearing how you are feeling once you are home and are able to post.  Welcome to the other side!!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views