Liquid Diet/Dr. Pupkova

KFA3
on 12/7/08 12:01 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I was just wondering from those of you who have Dr. Pupkova, if you were required to do any sort of pre-op liquid diet? Any info would be great!
sbrunell
on 12/7/08 1:26 pm - Bensalem, PA
only for a 2 days before...or something to that effect....
I believe it was 2 days before and nothing the day of surgery....
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 12/7/08 7:41 pm - Easton, PA

The way it was when she did it with me last year was the day before surgery was clear liquids only.  Then, from midnight to surgery nothing by mouth including water,gum, mints, etc.

However, if you gain weight from your initial consult to your PAT appointment, you must lose that weight before surgery or they will cancel you.

That second part being said...I did gain weight from consult to PATs and put MYSELF basically on a full liquid diet for about 2 weeks before surgery....with one "meal" a day.  It got the weight off.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/7/08 7:56 pm - Pottstown, PA
I had to go on the clear liquids for two full days before surgery as well.  Definitely follow through on what Dr. P tells you to do because it is very important!!  Also -if you are on a CPAP machine make sure all your hours are logged in on it as well otherwise they can cancel your surgery because of that too.

Good luck!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

tammypa
on 12/7/08 9:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I had to do a 10 day liquid diet.
But that was my own fault - I had gained weight since my initial consult and this
was they price I had to pay. 
That being said - it was not that bad. I just took it a day at a time and before I knew
it - it was the day of surgery.
And I lost like 15 pounds - so it was great that way.
Tom B.
on 12/8/08 2:24 am - Runnemede, NJ
I hate that stupid CPAP machine. sorry just had to vent.

Don't forget the phoso soda two days before. Just to make it fun for the 2 days.

HEY, LIKE I NEED COLON BLOW!!!!!!
KFA3
on 12/8/08 5:55 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views