restaurant

sbrunell
on 12/7/08 11:28 am - Bensalem, PA
Hello.
I had a pleasant lunch this afternoon. We went to Friendly's on Street Road in Bensalem. We explained to the waitress that we had WLS and wanted to eat off the kid's meal. She told us her mom had WLS, and a manager at the restaurant did as well, so it would not be a problem.

So we had our salad w/ grilled chicken, and fat free italian dressing.....and they had ice cream for dessert.   It was included with the meal, and we really haven't been bad, so we ordered the SF vanilla, w/ SF hot fudge.

Well, SF ice cream still has too much fat...and I paid for it...but it was nice to be able to eat out, and not be a total freak.

Feel free to yell at me for not following the rules....but I did it.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 1:17 pm - Reading, PA
the last time when I was at friendlys they didn't have anything on the kids menu that wasn't fried... so good to know they have salads now...

but having a special treat isn't bad... but most of the sugar free ice creams that I have seen are low fat... or almost fat free as in 97 to 98% fat free... so maybe your treat wasn't nearly as bad as you thought... hehehe!

R K.
on 12/7/08 6:13 pm
That`s cool. I saw a real nice laminated card that had your request on it. I wonder where we can get those.
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 9:30 pm
SF icecream is not a no no.  Did they tell you how much fat was in it or are you guessing it was high because you got sick?  It could have been the sugar alcohol not fat that made you dump.  SF icecream makes me sick everytime....my body is very sensitive to the sugar alcohols. 

You did a good job.  Just pay attention to foods with sugar alcohols in them...you may find they make you sick.

HG
Liz R.
on 12/7/08 9:39 pm - Easton, PA
Wow!! I didn't realize that Friendly's had SF ice cream and toppings! I'll have to check that out as a treat. When I get the SF ice cream in the store I know I have to watch the fat too - sugar alcohols haven't bothered me yet. Sometimes the dairy does though.

Thanks for the tip!

Liz
rita61677
on 12/8/08 9:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
could have been the ff salad dressing - ff does not mean sugar free!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views