Second Sunday Update on Nicole

Pam Hart
on 12/7/08 2:03 am - Easton, PA
Hello all!

Brian and I just got back from visiting with Nicole and Jason.  We stayed for about 2 hours.  From the time we got there to the time we left, Nicole had made a lot of improvements just in those two short hours.  She was groggy from pain meds when we first got there but that was wearing off.  She had been out of bed early in the morning and then before we left she got out of bed again, was able to get to the bathroom, and then even felt good enough to sit in a chair for a while.  We left her sitting in the chair.

I did a dressing change for her and as far as medical speaking, everything that I could see looked good (which wasn't to much because of the binders and what not...)

Jason also looked much better.  He hasn't gotten much sleep the past two days and has been very worried which has taken its toll on him emotionally as well.  He said that just sitting there BS-ing with us (he is a great comedian, by the way) helped to relieve his stress

I think we will end up back there tonight.  If not just to give Jason some time to take a shower and what not.  We will play that by ear depending on how him, Nicole, and us feel.  We are definately going back up there in the morning to help get Nicole out of the hotel into the car and into the doctors office.  Good news is I don't have to be in work till 11pm tomorrow night, so we've got all day to "play" if needed.

So all in all...things are looking better...I sent her all of your love and she appreciates it and smiled when she heard about all the posts that have been made to her.  She sends her thanks and love to all of you right back.  Arlene called while we were there, which was a help to talk to her as well.

Thanks again.  I will post again tomorrow after her appointment.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 4:00 am - Reading, PA
Thanks for the update Pam... the pain is the only thing I'm not looking forward to when I get plastics done... I remember the pain from my c-section... so not fun!

litlhurry
on 12/7/08 4:24 am - anytown, PA
Hi Pam.. Thanks for the update..give her my love..geri
keri2008
on 12/7/08 6:29 am - PA
Thanks for the update Pam.  We're all rooting for her to get well quick!
bcutekitty
on 12/7/08 10:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam thanks so much for the update we are all pulling for her

New_Beginnings_36
on 12/7/08 2:13 pm - PA
Thanks for the update Pam. I'm so glad that she is improving. Keep us posted :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Mary Benford
on 12/7/08 5:55 pm - Emmaus, PA
 Thanks for the updates Pam...      She's very lucky to have someone like you, Jason and Brian tending after her :)

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

tammypa
on 12/7/08 9:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,
Thanks for so much for the updates. I will say a prayer for Nicole and Jason.
Tammy
EileenWalton
on 12/7/08 11:05 pm
Thanks for the update.  So glad to hear that everything is going well. 

What a great friend you are.  Taking time out of your hectic schedule is truly commendable. 
Eileen

HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 6:11 am - Boston, MA
Still on Sunday's posts...Like I said before in response to your last update, you are wonderful Pam.  Truly wonderful.  Thank you (and Brian!) so much for going up to visit with Nicole and Jason and for doing the dressing change for Nicole and for everything else.  We all (especially Nicole and Jason, I'm sure) really appreciate it!

I'm really glad to hear that Nicole made a lot of improvements during the 2 hours you were there.  And I'm sure it was so nice for Jason to have some company, etc.  I'm hoping by the time I get to Monday's update or today's update, Nicole will be doing much better.  If you speak to her again, please let her know we are all thinking of her.

Thank you again, Pam!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views