I've been home

KellyD85
on 12/6/08 9:30 pm - Riverside, PA
Hi all,

I have been home from the hospital since later on Wednesday. I had open RNY/GB removal with liver bx on Monday @ Geisinger. I had an epidural for pain control which worked well for frontal pain but really wish they could contral back pain from being on my back.  That seemed to bother me just as much. The epi was gone by 7:30am Tues.

I don't post too often, but wanted all to know how much I appreciate and value the relationships and encouragement I have witnessed on this board. You people from the SE are great. Pam, Nicole, Dennis, Nan, Keri, Valerie, John, Bubbles, there are a few others but I am currently forming a blank sry (just took my narcotics!).  I just wish there were a few people my way on his board so we could have get-togethers too-cooking etc. Although you are really not thaaaat far from me.

But seriously, thank you all.  You have gotten me through so many tought times without even knowing it.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to Nicole and Jason at this time.  She is such a beautiful lady.  I pray for a less bumpy recovery from here on out for them both.  Arlene too.

If I need to have plastics in the future-my hubby has been a gem so far with this surgery. I am not permitted to bend over at all and lift.  He has been caring for my lower half-helping me get dressed, drying me off, putting socks on, back rubs, fetching everything I have dropped-which is many things daily!!

God Bless you all.

Kelly

HW/SW/CW/GW
303/275/199.4/150    ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!      

Michelle U.
on 12/6/08 10:24 pm - Corning, NY
Kelly,

So happy you are home and have so much support from your hubby!!!  Hope your pain gets less!!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 1:21 am - Reading, PA
I hope the pain gets better but why did they give you and epi? so glad I didn't have to do that because after my c-section and 6 staps oh I mean tries... that was more painful than anything else with my delivery lol... so I feel for ya...

BUt, welcome to the losers bench!

Pam Hart
on 12/7/08 2:12 am - Easton, PA
Kelly,

Congrats and welcome to the bench!!  So glad hubby is doing so well - it's really really good to have that level of support during this time!!

Keep sipping and walking, sipping and walking and resting, too!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 12/7/08 4:05 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Congrats on your surgery!!! Good luck to you. I had my RNY with dr. Pertrick at Geisinger on 8/29.  I loved my dr's and have a had great success thus far.

Good luck!!!

Liz R.
on 12/7/08 9:50 pm - Easton, PA
Kelly - congrats on the surgery! WEll if you had your surgery @ Geisinger you aren't all that far from me and my cooking class! I can make it to Wilkes Barre in about 1-1/2 hours. SO you are always welcome when you are feeling better! I know that is a long drive for a support group though...

Happy Healing!

Liz
tammypa
on 12/7/08 9:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kelly,
Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. 
Keep walking and sipping.
Welcome to the losers bench.
Tammy  
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 3:57 am - Boston, MA
Welcome home Kelly!  Glad your surgery went well and that you are home and are able to post.  It is wonderful that your husband has been so terrific about everything!  Keep walking and sipping and breathing and I'm looking forward to following your journey with you!  Welcome to the other side!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views