OMG I'm Freezing

ladychief231
on 12/8/08 1:16 am - Douglassville, PA
It's good to know I'm not alone. Thanks for chiming in!  

I'll be thinking of all of you everytime I start with the whining.

Stay warm!

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Pam Hart
on 12/8/08 4:56 am - Easton, PA
Sorry I'm so late on this one.

Yup - cold cold cold cold.  My husband thinks it is hysterical - considering I used to be one of those people outside with no jacket on in the middle of winter.

And ya know what sucks about pa?  Forgetting to get gas in the evening and standing outside at 6am in the morning when it is 13 degrees out plus wind pumping your own gas. In jersey...some geeky kid would have to do that for you!  ha!

Dr. P once told me that it has to do with the loss of insulation...but also...when you are actively losing weight your metabolism has to work to hard just to keep you alive...so the warming factor gets "lost" and your body chooses your life over your warmth.  She said once I start maintaining it would get better.  I've been maintaining for 2 1/2 mos now.  I'm still waiting....apparantly my body doesn't mind freezing.

I need to get gloves.  And I just put our big heavy blanket on the bed last night.  Hubby complained he was to hot.  Meanwhile...I had on my fleece pajamas, was sleeping under the fleece sheets...the big heavy blanket...and my socks.  Actually - I was "comfortable" for the first time in a long time.

As I sit here typing I am in my regular socks...and they are not cutting it.  I will be putting my fleece socks on momentarily.

I now warm up my car for about 10 minutes before work.  Not to help the car out....but because I can't stand those first ten minutes in the car without heat.

The ONLY time I really feel better is if I am in the hot shower.  Physically standing under ho****er.  In fact...I need to go take a nap...and I think that's what I will do before my nap....warm my body up.  I agree w/ HG...it doesn't matter how high I turn the heat up...I still don't get warm.  This was just proven...I was cold so I turned the thermostat from 67 to 75.  It's now apparantly 75 in here..has been for a few hours...and I am just as cold.  Might as well turn it back down....just wasting money.

I guess it beats hypertension and sleep apnea and pre diabetes...but darn...it's annoying.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/8/08 6:40 am
Last night I went into a neighborhood chinese restaurant take out place for my mom.  These two guys were in there placing an to go.  They were wearing t-shirts and coats.  My first response was aren't you guys cold?  Well, the one guy was about 60# overweight and his first response was that he is insulated by a layer of fat.  My response was, thats total BS, I just lost 265# and I am as cold today as I was 265# ago.  So lets not attribute warmth to fat cause, there is just that much more of you be cold.  Some people are just f'reakin crazy, and thats all there is to it.  It is sooooooooooo cold out why wouldn't you expect to be cold?

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

carolinpa
on 12/8/08 11:50 pm
I find that wool sweaters help me during the day.  I am usually in a turtleneck and wool sweater everyday so far since the Fall. My hands are always cold as well.
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 6:17 am - Boston, MA
Hi Teresa, 

I'm sure it's pretty cold in PA right now too, but it was 15 degrees here in Boston yesterday!  Brrrrrrr!!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views