OMG I'm Freezing

ladychief231
on 12/7/08 6:51 am - Douglassville, PA
My body theromostat is broken. I have been so cold lately and can't get warm. Every time I go into a store  I'm buying hoodies, turtlenecks, sweaters, etc. My feet are always cold. I've been whining all day. Sigh.

I'm sitting in my bed with heavy sweats, wool socks, and hat on. My dobie is next to me and I'm stealing his heat.

Anyone else minding the cold?

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 8:15 am - Reading, PA
I'm freezing all the time too... so much so it is crazy... nothing has worked for me yet...

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 9:16 am
Welcome to the perpetually chilled to the bone club.  I am cold in the winter, I am cold in the summer, I'm plain old cold all the time.  People at work think I am crazy.  I don't waste money on turning the heat up too high because, not matter how high it is, I am cold...and, the dogs like it cool in the house...so why bother...oil is to expensive LOL.  I sleep with a regular comforter, two down comforters and a heated blanket that is always on high.  I watch tv under two blankets.  I always have at least two shirts on...the other day I had three on.  I have gotten used to it.  I think being cold burns more calories, so I try not to complain too much.

HG
lauraanne715
on 12/7/08 9:58 am - Pottstown, PA
I used to be a sweaty betty..now I am COLD all the time!!  What is up with that??? LOL

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Frances P.
on 12/7/08 11:23 am - Schwenksville, PA

I'm the same - always COLD!  I find my cuddle duds help and have been wearing them for weeks now.  I even wore them on my homeymoon!  I let my daughter borrow ta set to wear to the Army Navy Game and want them back already to wear to work tomorrow.  My husband thinks that I am crazy for being so cold.  He must be warm blooded.  I never used to be this cold - In fact I never used to wear a coat in the winter.  Now I won't leave the house without my coat, hat, and gloves!!!

dit657
on 12/7/08 9:19 pm - Boothwyn, PA
My family thinks I'm crazy now because I'm cold all the time, or at least not sweating all the time - but with this cold weather oh yeah, I've been freezing, too!! The worst part is having to get out of bed during the night to potty - leaving all those warm blankets and comforter!! Of course my husband is now the opposite - hot all the time, so its a constant battle with the thermostat!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 12/7/08 9:46 pm - Easton, PA
I am almost 2 years out and right there with you! I wear a turtle neck and sweater to work most days, at least 2 layers, sip hot beverages and shiver all day long! The only relief I get is in the shower or under my electric blanket which is on most of the night on high. Thank God that the kitties are warm and like to sleep with me! They keep my toes toasty!

welcome to the post WLS freeze!

Liz
tammypa
on 12/7/08 9:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
OMG - I am like an ice cube all of the time. I can not wait for summer.

Tammy
EileenWalton
on 12/7/08 10:54 pm
I'm right there with you....cold ALL the time.  Right now I'm sitting at my desk with a turtle neck, sweater overtop that, and my portable heater on.  Thankfully my hubby has lost about 60 lbs and is cold too, so our thermostat is set at 75 degrees.  My grown children think we're crazy.  So do my co-workers.  They just don't understand. 
Eileen

MikeB
on 12/8/08 12:49 am - Pottstown, PA
THis is what happens when we lose all of our insulation. eventually you even out but you still tend to be a little cold.  When I was a t my heaviest I would be outside working with no coat and a couple of sweatshirts. Now I have a t shirt a sweat shirt and a coat on.  The only part that gets really cold are my hands, even with gloves. My wife never understood but now she has lost a lot of weight and understands what I was going through.

Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views