Good News!

shoutjoy
on 12/6/08 8:40 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all!

Since moving to the boonies in north central PA, support is very limited.  But that is about to change.  I had a meeting with a few hospital authority members here at Cole and we are in the process of getting support groups going!  We are covering at least two counties up here to find out who is out there wanting or having had weight loss surgery.  We wil advertise in all forms of media to reach out.  We will have a variety of speakers and cooking classes and educational forums.  We will make sure the local doctors are aware of the need for knowing how to support their wls patients.  It is a very exciting project! 

Paula
Pam Hart
on 12/6/08 9:02 pm - Easton, PA
Paula,

I remember you talking about getting ready for your meeting.  I guess it was well received, huh?  Good for you!  This is a monumental step not only for the WLS patients in your area, but also for you.  I'm so proud of you to be able to bring something like this to the table.  So many others have probably been in your shoes and figured, well, there's nothing I can do.  But you are doing something about it!  Good for you!!

Lots of luck on this endeavor, please keep us updated, I can't wait to hear about all the progress you make.  You seem to have made a lot thus far already!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Michelle U.
on 12/6/08 10:22 pm - Corning, NY
Paula!!

That is so amazing!!  What a wonderful advocate you are for all the present and future WLS peolple in your area!!!!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 1:19 am - Reading, PA
that rocks... I am so happy for ya!

keri2008
on 12/7/08 6:31 am - PA
You rock!!  That's fantastic news.  So many people will be helped by your efforts.

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views