It's A New Day:surgery update

Arlene E.
on 12/5/08 10:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Well, here I am resting comfortably at home.  I had a wonderful visit with Laureen, Lisa and Adam last night.  Lisa - you found a keeper!!!!!!

This morning I actually felt a little hungry so I made myself breakfast and then took a fabulous shower cleaning the drain wounds, changing the gauze and trying to keep my cat from letting his curiosity get the best of him.  Somehow he does not understand that the long tube hanging from the 4 pumps are not his playtoys,  My goal today is to try to eat and drink more and start my vitamins again.  I am taking tylenol and that's it.  Yes, it does hurt when I move but I know eventually I will love the results.  I took a good look today and was amazed.  Even with the stitches and some swelling I can see the difference.

Thank you all for your thoughts and support.  You are all wonderful and I'm so glad that I am part of this amazing group.

arlene 

Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 11:09 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks for the update, Arlene.  Wow....able to move around enough to be getting in the shower already, that's awesome!  You sound like you are doing so well, and that's GREAT!!  I can only imagine the cats and the tubes....oh my....I have two cats, so I can totally understand!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/5/08 11:30 pm - Pottstown, PA
Wow!  You sound like you are doing well!  That is amazing! Keeping you in my thoughts andd hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

keri2008
on 12/6/08 12:53 am - PA
Congrats again and welcome home!!!!!  The cats are glad you're home!  I can't even believe you're up and about so quickly!  Take it slowly and take care of yourself.  Glad you're posting!

Keri
EileenWalton
on 12/6/08 7:27 am
OMG...you are one strong lady.  I can't believe you are up and posting.  Please be sure to get lots of rest.  Can't wait to see you.
Eileen

bcutekitty
on 12/6/08 10:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
you go girl!i cant believe you got around and even showered good for you,but make sure you get plenty of rest will be thinking of you

cleos_mom
on 12/6/08 12:06 pm - phila., PA
Hi Arlene

Glad to hear you are feeling better
Susan
CherylT
on 12/6/08 10:47 pm - Perkasie, PA
Thinking of you. Glad all is well!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 12:00 am
Arlene
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep on taking care of you and you will be 100% before you know it!
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 9:27 am
Sounds like you are doing great!  Take good care of yourself and you can always send the cat over here for awhile...I know my dogs would love having a play mate LOL

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views