blah... just gotta vent lol...

Shannon O.
on 12/6/08 10:00 am - Reading, PA
Well it is great the gym has opened and I'm working... but Thanksgiving day I came down with a sinus infection... well after being on antibotics since then... I actually feel worse... after talking to my PCP today he says I have a virus on top of what I already have... he said he has seen it all week at the office... which explains why I would start to get better and then feel like I got smacked down... I don't think I have had a cold in oh 20 years or so...

And on top of that I had one mom who was going to work for me quit the day we opened (she hadn't even started yet)... and then another older lady said she was going to her car and never came back... so I had to replace people fast... I'm just glad I wasn't the one that hired those 2... the manager of the gym did lol... so on top of being sick I have worked since last tuesday (the one before thanksgiving... so the only day I have had off is Thanksgiving day...

I worked Friday and Monday night at Lane Bryant... but called out sick on Thursday because of what I was coughing up (really it was nasty).. I had also had lost my voice... so I would of been useless anyways... and they were ticked at me... I also let them know that I can only work on Saturday evenings that way incase anything happens at the gym I can still go in but we don't have childcare hours on Saturday nights... well they called today to see if I was going to be in on SUNDAY... what... I had left a note for the manager telling her I can only work Saturday nights only... and what the heck... they put me on for Sunday... whatever... I told her I'm still really sick (whihc I am) and told her that I can only work on Saturday nights... and that I waiting to hear back from my PCP...

And now our heater is acting strange... no idea what it is... but really don't have the money to fix it right now... now if Jeremy gets the money from his grandmother's estate then it would be just enough to replace the whole unit (we were told this summer that it is a lemon) but my friend who is also our restate agent said he is going to try to contact the other realtor because it was him and his BIL that flipped our house to see if they have the warrenty papers... so pray on all of that...

Right now all I want is to feel better... so tired of feeling crappy!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 6:48 am - Eastern, PA
Silver lining?

You'll have a greater say on the new people you bring in, and they'll probably work out better.

:)
Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 8:14 am - Reading, PA
That is what I did... I hired people... one a MOPS friend, another is the daughter of my SU manager, and another is a mom I met at the gym... and now I might hire a girl that knows the mom of one of my high school girls...

The manager... is single, doesn't have kids, and just turned 25... so I don't really think he had a clue what to look for in people to work in the babysitting room lol... he did pretty good... but you always do get a few losers no matter what lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views