Up date on my son

Michelle U.
on 12/5/08 11:04 am - Corning, NY
Well, I talked to him earlier and he sounds so sad.  He said he is doing alright.  I will go see him tomorrow night.  I miss him like crazy.  The social worker called and said the dr. decided to not change anything about his meds...he only takes 100mg of zoloft, which is not a high dose.  I was professional but let it be known I didnt agree with it.  They said he will be discharged monday.  I said if you arent helping him with adding a med or increasing what he already takes why does he need to stay til monday...i will come for him saturday.  About 10 minutes later the psychiatrist called and told me they are going to add another med.  Which is the med I had suggested yesterday.  Sometimes it is frustrating.  Me, Im still feeling sad but so busy running the rest of the kids around I dont have time to think about it. 

My daughter had her play tonight and she did so great!  She is a natural!  And tomorrow morning my other son has a wrestling match so have to have him to the school at 7:30am.  Im excited to watch him wrestle!!  Then Hannah has another show in the afternoon and then I will travel the hour to the hospital to visit Luke.

I did not get all my water in today but did not stray from eating except for 2 star burst chews. 

Thanks to everyone who originally posted with your support.  I truly do appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Shannon O.
on 12/5/08 11:49 am - Reading, PA
Michelle,

I can't even imagine what you are going through... but I'm glad you stood up to the doctors... because really what is the point if you don't change something to help him get better... hang in there and I'm pray for your whole family! Hugs!

Dennis Belk
on 12/5/08 12:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hang tough Michelle.
You are doing it.
You are making it.
And the kids appreciate it every bit.

"Remember Lap-Band & RNY vets that newbies are one of our needed resources, they remind us how it was and that we should never forget from where we came."

Dennis
358/345/215 ---- consultation/discharge/current
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:18 pm - Poconos, PA
Hi Michelle,

I may not know the entire story behind what's going on with your son but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying that everything turns out alright for you and your family. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now but you seem to be holding up pretty well and staying strong. Keep it up!

Big hugs!!
Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 7:14 pm - Easton, PA
Michelle,

Dealing with doctors and what not can be so frustrating - even more so for us "professionals"....because sometimes we know to much for THEIR (the doctors) own good. 

I hope things continue to improve, and will be thinking of all of you.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Michelle U.
on 12/5/08 9:04 pm - Corning, NY
Pam,

You are so right! 

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
keri2008
on 12/6/08 12:56 am - PA
Still sending prayers and positive energy your way.  I remember the medication "discussions" as some of my most difficult memories.  No matter how much of a "crap shoot" (doc's words, not mine) it may be there are always options and choices that can provide better management of the symptoms.  Grrr.  Sorry.  Good for you for speaking up and continuing to advocate for your son and the best options for him.  You're doing a world of good even if it doesn't feel like you are.

Hugs,
Keri
dit657
on 12/6/08 9:22 am - Boothwyn, PA
At least there are some bright spots among your difficult times right now - hang on to those - your son will get better and is getting the help he needs. prayers are still coming your way...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 3:13 am - Boston, MA
Hi Michelle, 

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.  I hope Luke was able to come home with you yesterday and that he isn't experiencing many side effects from the new medication.  You are a very strong woman Michelle and I am sure you are a truly wonderful mother.  I hope you enjoyed your other son's wrestling match and your daughter's show this weekend.  I'm sure they loved having you there. 

Thinking of you, 
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views