Update on Nicole Lewis

Dennis Belk
on 12/5/08 12:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Everyone,
I visited with Nicole and Jason tonight. Nicole is doing fine after her BL and TT, just needed some pain management and the morphine did the trick. She slept really well after a shot of that stuff. The plan is to be discharged by Dr. Herman tomorrow but staying local in the Poconos for a few days before returning home. Nicole is a real trooper. She and Jason had a very long day today but they are doing fine and I expect she will sleep tonight with the aid of the morphine. Jason might not sleep at all or maybe he'll ask for some too. Recovery after plastics is SO different than RNY. I've seen it with Cheryl, Shauna and now Nicole. Our friend Arlene knows it too, and thankfully she's at home and doing better. The pain is the first hurdle perhaps for a few days, but the results are SO worth it. Nicole will be back to us soon and I know so happy to be progressing in her journey and successing to the max.

Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:41 pm - Poconos, PA
Thanks for the update Dennis. I'm very glad to hear that she's doing well. If you talk to her or see her again and if you don't mind, please let her know that I'm thinking of her and if she needs anything while she's up here, she has my number and all she has to do is call. I'll help out however I can.

Thanks again!

Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 7:10 pm - Easton, PA
Dennis,

Thank you thank you thank you.  I had soooo wanted to go up and see her yesterday.  However, cooking for the party took much longer than I had anticipated...and by the time I was done with that it was about 6p in the evening, we had dinner, and then I fell asleep on the couch.  I felt so bad I didn't get to go see her.

I'm glad she's doing well and that the morphine helped.  "better living through modern chemistry"..whcih is oh so true sometimes.

I will be thinking of her and Jason.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 12/7/08 1:26 am - Reading, PA
oh that is great she is doing so well... thank you for the update...

HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 3:16 am, edited 12/9/08 3:16 am - Boston, MA
Hi Dennis,

I heard that Nicole was out of surgery when I was at Barix on Saturday, but I just wanted to thank you so much for visiting with her and Jason at night and for updating all of us on how she is doing.

Lisa :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views