Haven't posted in awhile-- have a date!

Elizabeth O.
on 12/5/08 9:30 am - Millville, PA
I haven't posted here in awhile-- there's been so much going on!
But, I finally have a date for my surgery-- December 9th!
I'm very excited, and rather nervous... it's been a wild ride! Lots of doc's appointments and tests... I can't believe it'll actually be here in 4 days!
Anyone have any sage advice?
Elizabeth
Surgery Date: December 9, 2008
Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 9:43 am, edited 12/5/08 9:44 am - Easton, PA
WOW!!!!  4 days??  That is sooooo close!  Congrats!!

Advice:

Don't stock up on a whole lot of stuff for after surgery.  Your tastes may change.  Just buy a few of the allowable things...find out what you like...and go to the store a few days later, or send someone for you.

Walk, walk, walk, walk.  It's tiring and you might feel like you are not doing "enough" or it is pointless because you get so tired so easily....but I firmly believe that is what helped my recovery go so smoothly.

Understand that there is no way to prepare for some of this.  Take the good days with the bad days - and remember - it WILL get better.  Stay close to these boards during those times if you have any.  People are reluctant to post their struggles in fear of scaring others or bringing people "down" - but really - that's what the support is here for.  Not only to celebrate - but in all honesty - that's when the support is most valuable.

Congrats again - and there's lots of room on the bench!!  Keep us updated when you can after you get home!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Michelle U.
on 12/5/08 10:56 am - Corning, NY
Drink your water and walk when you can...you will do great!!!  Oh, and keep reporting in and asking questions!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Shannon O.
on 12/5/08 11:53 am - Reading, PA
oh yeah when you feel tired... take a nap... don't fight it... hehehehe!

tammypa
on 12/7/08 9:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,
Pam gave you great advice, so I just want to say that I wish you well!
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views