Menstruation Question

MsDeniseinPA
on 12/5/08 12:02 am - PA
Hi All

My surgery was Tuesday and I was released yesterday.  Everything with my surgery went wellexcept due to adhesions and scare tissue my surgeon couldnt' proceed laproscprically (sp?) and and had to open me to complete the revision. I'm home resting and sipping.

When I woke up this morning I was startled as I was menstrating! I'm not due until next week.  Did this happen to anyone else?

It's quite heavy too.
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 12:08 am
It can happen a lot due to the stress on your body. I woke up the day after surgery with mine and had not been due for two weeks.
Liz R.
on 12/5/08 2:44 am - Easton, PA
I got mine as soon as I got home too - not unusual at all - it is a lot of stress to your body and that can bring it on full force!

Hope you are feeling better soon and glad to hear that the surgery was a success!

Liz
dit657
on 12/5/08 3:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
I got mine the day after surgery and wasn't due for 2 weeks. Just another fun thing of being a woman!! I don't remember mine being heavy or painful that month, but early and annoying.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 12/5/08 3:42 am
I got mine the day of surgery and hadn't had it for several months prior to surgery.  Stress definitely brought it on.  It's probably heavy because of the blood thinners you were on at the hospital.  Hang in, it's just another thing we have to deal with.

Congrats on your surgery.  Be sure to keep us posted on how you're doing.
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 4:12 am - Easton, PA
Sorry to hear about the open incision...glad you are home resting and sipping.

Yes...the stress of surgery...nerves...and blood thinners if any that were given to you in the hospital can cause it to come on early.

I was due for mine (and for once actually got it on time) woke up with it day of surgery.  Had it the entire time in the hospital...and for a few days after...which is long for me.  Not to painful, though.

The next coming months, though, gawd was it painful.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 12/5/08 11:46 am - Reading, PA
well at least you started once you got home... I started the day before surgery lol... poor nurses... I'm always super heavy flow wise lol...

HopefulFuture
on 12/9/08 1:56 am - Boston, MA
Welcome home Denise!  I hope you are resting and sipping and walking and are on the road to a speedy recovery.  As the others have already told you, this is quite common.  My surgery was in early August and I remember the whole rest of the month being wacky (i.e. every 2 weeks).  Hang in there and looking forward to hearing how you are doing!

Lisa :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views