Been gone a looong time

stacyface1026
on 12/4/08 9:11 am - Warminster, PA

hi everyone, I have a long story but need to get it out so I hope you will all pardon me..I had my lap band surgery in April 2007 with Dr. Brader at Barix right before he left.  I for the most part have lost no weight in almost 2 years...I have been filled as high as 3.5 which at the time was too tight and caused a pouch, Dr. Boe took out 3cc to let it go back to normal and when it did he put the 3cc back in..I still have not lost anything, this was a year ago...I had pretty much given up and decided to try and forget that i had the band..so I have been kind of ignoring it for a year...well, I decided i want to have it taken out, I mean what is the point of having it if it is not working...so I called Barix to make an appt. to find out about having it taken out..I had a really long talk with one of the nurses, who helped me come to the conclusion that it wasnt the band that wasnt working it was ME who wasnt working the band..eating through it..really long story short..I have an appt. with Dr. Boe tomorrow to try and get myself on track and to learn to work this band that I am so lucky to have been able to have.  So it is with head hung low that I make my way back to this wonderful board, with you wonderful supportive people..hope I havent bored you all too badly, thanks for letting me tell my story...

Michelle U.
on 12/4/08 10:24 am - Corning, NY
Good luck with your meeting Stacy...I know nothing about the Band, but I do know about self sabatoge...Hang in there!!!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Liz R.
on 12/4/08 7:51 pm - Easton, PA
Stacy - You made the hardest and most important first step! Best of luck with your appointment at Barix. Also, Dr Brader is up and practicing out in Lancaster if you wanted to follow up with him too. I am also a Brader baby.

Good Luck with the appointment and welcome back to the boards!

Liz
dit657
on 12/4/08 8:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Anybody that is reaching out for help is NEVER boring, Stacy, and you came to the right place, and you are going to the right place to get your journey back on track. Dr Boe is a wonderful doctor and person and he will support and guide you in helping you get your mind set back where it needs to be to make that band work. Please don't look at yourself as a failure in this - you're reaching out and we all do from time to time. We are always here to support and guide each other as well, so never hesitate to come to us. I've never seen anyone judge anybody out here for slipping or needing help.

Wish you all the best on your visit with Dr Boe - and on your journey.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
stacyface1026
on 12/4/08 9:22 pm - Warminster, PA
Thank you, you are all so kind..I am very excited about my appt. today..ready to get my life on track..will keep you updated..

tammypa
on 12/4/08 9:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Stacy ,
You don't have to hang your head with us. You have made a huge decision to get back on track.
Come to the support group meetings - we will always welcome you and try to help as much  as
we can.
Best of luck,
Tammy
stacyface1026
on 12/4/08 9:47 pm - Warminster, PA
When are the support meetings?

tammypa
on 12/4/08 10:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Stacy,
The next meeting is tomorrow at the Barix Clinic in Langhorne from 12 - 4.
Tammy 
jovigirl
on 12/4/08 9:53 pm - washington, NJ
Barix post op meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of every month @ 7 pm & they just added ones on the 1st Saturday I believe not sure of that time.Good luck Stacy

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 11:03 am - Boston, MA
Welcome back Stacy!  The PA board is filled with so many wonderfully supportive people and we are thrilled to have you join us!  You have been honest with us and honest with yourself and I know you can get back on track.  Continue to come here with any questions and for support and you may enjoy an in-person support group meeting as well.  I can't say enough great things about Barix and I hope you are able to continue your follow-up care with them.  I look forward to getting to know you better and I wish you only the best in your journey. 

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views