my son/stress

Liz R.
on 12/4/08 7:48 pm - Easton, PA
Michelle - So sorry to hear about the situation with Luke. You are being the best Mom you can! You got him to the place where he needs to be and are getting him the help that he needs. This is a tough time of year to begin with and an even harder time to be dealing with something like this. *hugs* to both of you and we are here to support whenever you need it!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Liz
keri2008
on 12/4/08 8:37 pm - PA
Michelle,

Thoughts and prayers.  I PM'd you.  Please call me when you can today.  My son is bipolar, ADHD and ODD.  4 hospitalizations and much doubt over my abilities as a mom. 

Keri
dit657
on 12/4/08 8:48 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Michelle - am sending lots of prayers your way for you, Luke and your entire family - including your husband. A lot of men feel they should be able to 'fix' anything and when they can't they withdraw - maybe what your husband is doing. But you did the right thing for your son, and hopefully he is somewhere with people who can help him through this crisis. You are not a failure as a mom - you found him in time and saved his life, and are getting him the help he needs. To me that is being the best mom you can be.

Please take care - I can only imagine how difficult this is.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 12/4/08 9:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Michele,
Will pray for Luke and your family.
Tammy
IdaMae D.
on 12/4/08 11:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:57 am

Michelle,

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  Reemember to take care of yourself as you are taking care of everyone else. 

Heather

Pam Hart
on 12/5/08 6:06 am - Easton, PA
Michelle,

Your post echos so many others who have gone through the same thing.  You must try to believe you are NOT "the most horrible mom in the world" rather - you are probably one of the strongest mom's in the world and it is obvious how fiercely you love your family.  And fiercely, in this sense, is a definite good thing.

I am thinking and praying for all of you - and know you will have the strength to do what you must.  Do try to take care of yourself - you definately need to do that too...and it's so incredibly hard to do under these cir****tances.

Come here and vent away any time...we will always listen.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ShaunainHarleysville
on 12/5/08 6:23 am - Harleysville, PA
Oh my Goodness Michelle,
I am so glad that you felt comfortable enough to post and share such an incredibly painful and stressful experience.  There are actually a few other parents here on the PA Board who have gone through similar experiences who may decide to share thier thoughts with you.  I am available to talk with you if you would like to reach out to me via my personal email (which you already have).  14 is an incredibaly hard age to be, and no one really thinks anyone understands what you are going through.  Actually, sometimes, NO ONE really does.  Your son will hopefully get  he beginnings of what he deserves on this admission, but realize that this is the beginning of a road to be travelled.  You can lean on us and he will provide the supprort you require and deserve.  We are here for you.  Keep strong in yourself and be theres for your son and your other children.

Shauna
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
HopefulFuture
on 12/8/08 11:32 am - Boston, MA
Michelle, because of when I left Boston for PA, I am JUST reading your post now even though we were texting while I was gone.  I am so sorry for everything you are going though and I did not mention anything in my texts because I had not yet read your post.  Please continue to take care of yourself.  You are doing a wonderful job and I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.  I will keep you and your son Luke in my thoughts and in my prayers. 

Please call me or text me ANY time Michelle, day or night.  I may not be around the corner, but I am only a phone call or text away and I am happy to talk with you if you'd like. 

Thinking of you, 
Lisa 

jojobear98
on 12/8/08 8:35 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I cried when I read this. I spent last evening at the office of a child psych office filling out page after page of questionaires about my son.

I had finally broke down and decided I am not doing something right or theres something beyond my control..... and set up an appointment for him. He is only 10, almost 11 and has turned into a totally different person in the last year or so. I try to talk to thim but only get "i don't know" out of him about most things. His behavior has become disruptive to the family and at school. He is on the verge of being banned from the school bus. (which is a huge deal because with my work schedule and my ex-husbands, it's impossible to drive him everyday)

I've cried off and on over the last week trying to figure out where I went wrong. What have I done as a mom to let this happen to a little boy. All Iknow is that he needs help before it's gets worse.

Reading your post hit my heart so greatly, but also reading the replies helped because I don't feel so much guilt now. I guess I mostly feel like it's my fault he is having problems and I guess I need to understand that it's not all in my control.

It's still hard but knowing I am not the only one out there and I am not the only mom who feels guilt is helpful.

thank you for posting.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views